Located 30 miles west of Chicago, Wheaton Bible Church is a non-denominational church of 4,000 people gathering in English and Spanish speaking congregations. We are seeking to hire a Small Group Pastor/Director. The purpose of this position is to lead, develop, and grow Wheaton Bible Church’s Small Group ministry and to shepherd leaders by encouraging and equipping them to become multiplying disciples who multiply groups.
This role is a vital contributor to WBC’s effectiveness in fulfilling our mission to make disciples who love God, grow together and reach the world. Through vision, strategic leadership, leader training, teaching, and pastoral ministry, this leader plays a critical role in guiding and equipping adults at WBC to pursue our mission and to embrace our vision to launch a disciple-making movement through our small and mid-sized (Adult Community) groups.
Working with the Pastor of Adult Discipleship and Community Life, this individual will help provide the vision and leadership to build a culture that reflects the values and call of the Great Commission. S/he will work with an energized and inspired team of lay leaders and pastors to create community by connecting people into engaging and transformational groups that are multiplying disciples in our church, our community, and the world.
1. Small Group Ministry Director/Pastor (75%) -- Manage contact and communication with our existing 85 small groups (currently involving 1000+ people) and to grow this ministry in the next 12 months.
A. Recruit Leaders. Manage new leader process, including recruiting, interviewing, equipping, and identifying, and developing apprentices.
B. Shepherd Leaders. Equip and develop SG Coordinators and Leaders around our mission and disciple-making values. Monitor the health, effectiveness, and duration of groups. Pastor and serve SG coordinators, leaders and group members. Coordinate retreats, leader trainings, off-site meetings, and other events.
C. Oversee Multiplication. Track group progress through the “Seasons of a Group,” ensuring each group identifies and trains an apprentice, and ensuring timely multiplication of new groups.
D. Administration. Oversee the updating and accuracy of group data, and serve as the contact for all group leaders and all outside requests.
E. Training Events. Participate in leading and serving at SG leader trainings, and participate in the development of SG leadership tools as needed.
2. Adult Community (mid-sized groups) Coordinator (25%) -- Assist with overseeing and communicating with our 18 existing mid-sized Adult Communities, currently involving 1,500+ people.
A. Assist with planning and implementing AC projects and strategic improvements of our AC ministry model.
B. Sustain a model for AC leadership team structure and best-practices
C. Assist with developing an on-ramp for people looking to connect into ACs.
D. Assist with monitoring the appropriate weekly, quarterly, semester, and annual metrics for our ACs.
E. Assist with annual AC events: Leader training, Mission Weeks, Leader Celebration, Summer Sundays, and the review process.
F. Teach in ACs as needed.
- Is committed to holiness and developing his/her personal walk with God in order to model and lead others in their faith.
- If married, love your spouse as Christ loved the Church, s/he is to be your highest earthly priority. If a parent, disciple your child(ren) to know God and to love Him. The active discipleship of your children is to be a higher priority than your discipleship of others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Bible, leadership, or related area.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in ministry with or related to small groups.
- Experience with and passion for multi-cultural ministry.
- Pursues professional, personal, and spiritual development.
- Has a deep personal commitment to fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Exhibits strong gifting in the following areas:
- Communication of the Gospel and a vision for the multiplication of disciples.
- Relational evangelism and development of leaders.
- Effective leadership and administration of lay leader teams.
- Effective networking (a people gatherer) and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic shepherding and encouragement of individuals and teams.
- Motivational mentorship and ministry training.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Has proven organizational skills in goal setting, management, reporting, and networking.
- Is a humble team player who is willing to be led just as much as s/he is willing to lead.
Interested and qualified applicants, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not apply through the Church Staffing link.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Small Group and Teaching PastorPathways Church
- Appleton, Wisconsin
- September 22
Lead Team PastorDestiny Harvest Church
- Columbia, Maryland
- September 22
Part Time Community Life PastorWest Hills Community Church
- Salem, Oregon
- September 20
Woodside Bible Church-Groups Pastor (Discipleship)Churchology Staffing
- Troy , Michigan
- September 14
Groups PastorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- September 13
Wheaton Bible Church
The mission of Wheaton Bible Church is to love God, grow together and reach the world. It captures what Jesus expressed in the Great Commandment and the Great Commission. We want to do what He commanded and live how He lived. More...