Full Time Youth Director
Church — 725 Pine Street, Winnetka IL 60091 — firstname.lastname@example.org
Winnetka Congregational Church is a mid-sized suburban church on the North Shore of Chicago. An independent congregation with no denominational a?liations (their pastors have primarily been UCC, PC(USA), and United Methodist), WCC describes itself as a House
of Worship for All People and lives into this identity as a welcoming and inclusive church. It is a wealthy and professional congregation that is supportive of its sta? and interested in helping pastors and leaders grow.
The youth programs at WCC are strong with long histories and traditions. WCC currently has around 20 students in the high school group, 35 in the middle school Con?rmation program, and 25 in the ?fth and sixth grade youth group. In previous years, the youth
director position has been a 15/hour a week job that was often taken on by seminary students. The move to a full-time position is a recognition of the labor and hours that are currently being put into the ministry as well as a desire to see the programs develop
A bachelor’s degree and experience working with youth in a church setting are required. Salary includes bene?ts, is competitive, and depends upon applicant’s education and experience.
- Be a pastoral presence for youth and their families
- Provide regular programming for 5th & 6th, 7th & 8th, and 9th-12th graders that allows for:
- faith formation
- Christian education
- mission opportunities
- service within the church
- Work with Associate Pastor to identify and incorporate adult church members as advisors and leaders for youth programs
- Work with Associate Pastor and Children & Youth Committee to provide a con?rmation opportunity for youth
- Work with Associate Pastor and Children & Youth Committee to o?er mission/service opportunities for Junior and Senior High youth
- Work with Associate Pastor to create connections between the congregation and children of the church who no longer live locally but have not yet found another faith community (e.g. college students and young adults)
- Provide worship leadership on Sunday mornings as requested and/or desired
- Be present on Sunday mornings
(Position can be adjusted to 30 hours/week if desired.)
To inquire further or to apply, please contact Sarah Walker Cleaveland, Acting Associate Pastor, at email@example.com or call 847-441-3400 x15.