Coastal Community Church is a non-denominational church in Charleston, SC. We are a small, but growing church (400+) seeking a full time Youth Pastor. Our Student Ministry currently sees 40-50 Middle/High School students each week. Due to our growth and limited venue we are beginning the process of building a new Multi-purpose Building that will seat approx. 500.
Coastal has wide demographic of people that attend; however the main demographic of the church is young families (20’s / 30’s / 40’s). We have an enormous focus on Evangelism and doing everything possible to reach the unchurched.
This is a full-time position. This person will average 40 hours a week plus Sunday services. We work six days a week, taking off most Saturdays; however because of this we try to create space during other times of the week (i.e. it is not uncommon to take off Friday afternoon, etc.). Schedules are very flexible, depending on the week and responsibilities. The Coastal staff works together as a team, doing whatever it takes to accomplish the overall mission of the church.
The Youth Pastor is responsible to minister to all students, 6th-12th grades. This includes planning, coordinating and developing activities and events that will help build relationships between him and the students, volunteer staff, and parents/guardians. The Student Ministry of Coastal exists to actively nurture students toward spiritual maturity by: leading them into a relationship with Jesus Christ and assisting them in fulfillment of our LIFE statement – “Coastal exists to share and experience LIFE!” Jesus came to bring LIFE and LIFE is only found in Him.
– Evidence of personal salvation and a deepening relationship with Jesus Christ.
– A passion to minister to students.
– Agreement with our church statement of faith.
– A teachable spirit and a servant’s heart (Team Player).
– Willingness to work as a contributing and cooperating member with the Pastor and church leadership.
– Ability to plan, organize, train, and supervise a large and growing Student Ministry.
– Interpersonal relationship skills, with ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
– Commitment to personal and professional growth.
– A degree in Bible/Ministry from a 4 year college is highly recommended, but not a requirement.
– Provide pastoral care to students by forming authentic appropriate relationships with Students/Volunteers/Parents.
– Assist the Students in the fulfillment of our LIFE statement.
– Plan, organize, train, and supervise Student Ministry. This will also include the recruiting and developing of a Student Ministry Team (Team Builder).
– Plan and implement short-term and long range goals for Student Ministry.
– Administer the Student Ministry budget.
– Maintain consistent communication with parents/guardians, volunteer staff, and the Senior Pastor in a timely manner.
– Provide for the planning, implementation, and coordination of special events such as camps, retreats, mission trips, and recreational activities in a timely manner.
– The ability to periodically preach on Sunday mornings for the Senior Pastor is a plus.
– Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
– Participation in all church services and events unless directed otherwise by the Senior Pastor.
– Coastal places a high priority on reaching the lost. We are willing to do whatever it takes, short of sin, to reach the lost. Our evangelism strategy is “invest & invite.” We are “missional” AND “attractional.” We expect all ministries of Coastal, including Student Ministry, to be a reflection of that passion and strategy.
– At Coastal we believe that the message of Christ never changes. However, our methods must change. We place a high value on using creative, contemporary means and methods to communicate that message. We expect all ministries of Coastal, including Student Ministry, to be a reflection of that philosophy.
– We don’t expect “lost” people (including students) to act like believers until they are believers. That makes our style of ministry messy. We expect that. However, we do expect that as people become fully devoted followers of Christ that they are integrated into the life of our church – from the community into the core (see Purpose Driven Church).
– At Coastal we place a high value on doing LIFE together through small groups. We expect Student Ministry to do the same.
Salary: $40,000 a year / 2 weeks PTO.
How to Apply: Please send all cover letters, resumes, and links to social media to: Pastor Chris Rollins email@example.com (Only those applicants that we are interested in will be contacted.)
For more information about Coastal please visit our website at www.coastalcommunitychurch.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Student PastorChristian Faith Center
- Nampa, Idaho
- October 20
Associate Student PastorFBC Midlothian
- Midlothian, Texas
- October 20
Pastor Of Junior High FamiliesCrossRoads Church
- Red Deer County, Alberta
- October 19
Coastal Community Church
Coastal Community Church is a nondenominational church that believes that you matter to God and that we can get to know Him personally! In fact, we believe that God made us that way. We want to help people, all people, get to know Him through His Son Jesus Christ. We believe life is meant to be enjoyed - an exciting, adventure of actually experiencing God making a positive difference in our lives each day. We believe that includes church. Our Worship Services are a celebration!More...