The Director Of Music is responsible for designing and implementing a contemporary, band-driven service, as well as overseeing staff in other aspects related to the worship service including sound, lighting, and video. The Director will coordinate music
plans with the Preaching and Teaching Elder, and recruit, direct, and train a team of volunteer musicians. The ideal candidate for this position will possess significant industry experience in performing and directing a contemporary band, with experience in
songwriting, production, and touring also desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement gospel-centered music (Col. 3:16) for Sunday worship services, and special services as required, in consultation with the Elders
- Recruit, train, and rehearse members of the music team.
- Disciple music team members in a gospel-centered paradigm
- Coordinate with A/V team regularly to assure quality sound and video/visuals for each presentation and oversee training of A/V staff and volunteers
- Attend weekly meetings with the Elders and Leadership Team.
- Committed to Trinitarian, gospel-centeredness in doctrine, life, and music
- Band-driven rather than orchestral-driven style of music.
- Must be able to incorporate strings, percussion, and other instruments into contemporary-band driven arrangements.
- Must be able to play piano and/or guitar in a contemporary band setting.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in music and/or 5 years' related church or industry experience.
- High level of overall musicianship
- A builder/self-motivated/entrepreneurial spirit
- Sanguine stage presence
- Experience in leading corporate worship, and knowledge of directing, orchestrating, and coordinating various instruments in a band.
- Ability to work with and train vocalists in singing of parts.
- Ability to incorporate backing tracks and loops into regular Sunday services.
- Leadership ability and ability to work with and inspire volunteers.