The Chapel is a large multi-site church with 3 locations in the Akron, Ohio area. We offer both a classic service with orchestra and choir, as well as a contemporary band-led service. We are seeking a full-time technical director at the Akron campus. Reporting
to the Director of Production Arts, this individual must be self motivated, have experience running sound for a large venue, have a good understanding of audio system workflow and lighting concepts including intelligent lighting fixtures, and overseeing volunteers
in the sound/lighting ministries.
- Work with Director of Production Arts to oversee and train volunteers in sound and lighting for all venues.
- Responsible for regular maintenance of all equipment including: lighting, sound, media equipment throughout our facility, video projectors, etc.
- Collaborate with Director of Production Arts and Communications for set design, sound and lighting.
- Help plan and prepare for weekend services.
- Set stage and maintain systems for weekend services and all special events. Attend weekly rehearsals for weekend services.
- Help with post-production audio from video production department and radio program.
Education: Associate’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Skills / Experience: Audio and lighting systems, leading people, managing inventory, and managing budgets.