Ministry Title: Worship Leader
Reports To: Senior Pastor
FLSA Status: Part-Time Exempt Salaried
Time Required: Approximately 20 hours per week
Ministry Profile: Hope is a Christ-Centered Church in the southeast suburbs of Dayton, OH. Hope Church's mission is to "Make Disciples of Jesus Christ" through Christ-centered worship, community and service. Hope Church is built around
the core values of Hospitality, Outreach, Passionate worship and Expository teaching.
Primary Objective: The Worship Leader will be responsible to build musical teams that lead the congregation in worship that is reverently directed toward God, understandable and relevant to the worshipers, and performed with excellence.
A successful leader will recruit, disciple and empower worship teams that lead the congregation in passionate/participatory worship.
This role will serve to help build the identity of the church as a whole. Additionally, this position is responsible for the visual and musical aspects of the worship service and oversees the key components for the overall feel, aesthetics, and health of
the church. The worship pastor collaborates with the worship team to ensure consistent quality and discipleship.
- A growing Christian, deepening his/her personal relationship with Jesus Christ and modeling this to others. Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel. Considers this position a ministry.
- Passionate about casting vision and developing leaders. Demonstrated musical skill and theological discernment. Experience in leading music, program design and implementation in a contemporary worship setting in a multiple staff church.
- Proven track record in ministry and biblical discipleship from a leadership perspective. Strength in leadership for the church and bands. Possess pastoral influence, verbal communication skills, and cultural awareness.
- A strong gift for leadership and a proven track record of developing leaders of leaders. Entrepreneurial aptitude. Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing.
- Evidences a commitment to the Hope Church Statement of Purpose, Beliefs, Mission, and Philosophy. Philosophical alignment with church leadership. Support of the evangelical theology for which Hope Church stands.
- Has the ability to:
- Engage the congregation in God-focused singing/worship. Helping churched and unchurched people connect to God
- Exhibit versatility with a variety of styles of music
- Harmonize the gifts of participants of various talent levels with an attitude of both excellence and grace
- Recruit and train musicians to be involved in the worship teams.
- Model standards and expectations of leaders within Hope including membership, worship attendance, tithing and generous giving, serving out of a call of giftedness and lifestyle marked by purity and humility.
- Responsible for the overall leadership, design, implementation, and execution of Hope Church’s worship ministry.
- Oversee worship for weekend and midweek services (includes leading Sunday worship 3-4 times per month and band development).
- Oversee all areas of production (audio, light, service management).
- Build bands within the church and train band leaders. Shepherd band participants and production teams.
- Weekly service planning.
- Attend weekly staff meeting.
- Lead worship for special events and services (concerts, Good Friday, etc).
- Recruit, train, organize, and equip music and production servants.
- Participate in local and global outreach.
- Help organize concerts.
- Participate in educational conferences and workshops to learn and grow.
- Select weekly music pieces and distribute written music to musicians and vocalists.
- Provide musical and spiritual leadership and development for the instrumental and vocal elements of worship services.
- Plan, lead, and oversee weekly rehearsals for musicians and vocalists for worship services.
- Provide spiritual leadership to all that participate in the worship ministry. Encourage high standards of spiritual commitment and musical excellence in participants.
- Manage the budget within the worship ministry.
- Develop a personal plan for continued growth/expertise in areas of responsibility.
- Carry out other assignments as given by the Senior Pastor.
- Reports directly to the senior pastor.
- Oversees all worship, media and performing arts participants.
- Coordinates with other members of the church staff.
Annual evaluation to be initiated by the senior pastor.
Compensation commensurate with experience and time required.