First United Methodist Church of Broken Arrow Oklahoma has an exciting full-time opening serving as our Director of Children’s Ministries.
Plan, organize and direct the administration of education and fellowship activities of the Children’s Department of First United Methodist Church. Being consistent with the policies and guidelines established by the Pastors, Administrative Board, Council
on Ministries, Education Committee and the Discipline of the United Methodist Church and other applicable committees.
1. Bachelors Degree in Education and/or Early Childhood Development or commensurate experience.
2. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
3. LOVE for children.
4. Basic knowledge of first-aid.
5. Active and regular participant in a church family.
6. Organizational skills for recruiting, leading, and support of laity.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assume primary staff responsibilities of the Children’s Ministries under the direction of the Associate Pastor, the Education Work Area and the Children’s Council.
2. Provide staff support and leadership for the laity in the area of Children’s Ministry.
3. Participate as a member and an advocate for Children’s Ministry on the following committees and regularly attend their meetings.
- Education Work Area
- Council on Ministries
- Administrative Board
- Discovery Learning Center Board
- Children’s Council
- Church Staff
- Miscellaneous committees as various needs arise
4. Plan or be involved in the planning, directing and coordinating all activities of staff and laity engaged in children’s activities.
5. Ensure availability of classroom facilities, teachers, teacher’s aids, educational material and literature and training aids for the Sunday School and Children’s Events.
6. Be responsible for recruitment and training of teachers for the children’s ministry. Organize and lead teacher training workshops and provide continuing education.
7. Monitor Children’s Sunday School classes and evaluate effectiveness of education programs and report to the Associate Pastor and Committee on Education.
8. Provide support and assistance to the Associate Pastor for membership training and other classes upon request.
9. Be responsible for the following specific programs but not limited to:
- Children’s Sunday School
- Nursery activities
- Children’s Church
FUMC-Broken Arrow is a local congregation of the United Methodist Church.
So all will know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, we will be a contagious, covenant Community; Inspired by God, Founded by Christ, Powered by the Holy Spirit, Reinforced by Prayer and Scripture, Made complete as a reflection of God’s love.
Attract people to Christ, Build committed Christians, Commission disciples for ministry in our world.
How to apply
Qualified Applicants should send cover letter and resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org