This position is an excellent opportunity for anyone that meets a few critical requirements. First, you need to love Jesus and the church. Second, you have to have a passion for visual storytelling. Finally, you need to be a team player that can go with the flow. If that’s you, then ACF Church and Alaska will be an amazing adventure for you!
ABOUT ACF CHURCH
ACF Church is a growing gathering of the churched, unchurched and de-churched, located in Eagle River, Alaska. Eagle River is a community of 35,000 composed of many young families and military personnel who work on JBER (Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson). ACF Church is about 12 miles from Anchorage which has a population of over 300,000. ACF Church has grown exponentially from 35 people in 2009 to currently over 700 on a weekly basis. Our demographic is primarily people between the ages of 20 and 40 years old with 70-80% current or ex-military and a large number of babies, children and teens.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Visual Storyteller Through Print & Video
This is a full-time (40 hrs/wk) position reporting to the Communications Director. Position pays $50K+ (DOE) and offers a full benifit package.
The Visual Storyteller position will provide leadership in the conceptualization, designing, shooting, editing and producing of all creative video and print design elements to be used in the weekend worship experience including promos, video testimonies/ministry moments, weekly video announcements, web videos, sermon illustrations, and special events providing accuracy, skill, and attention to detail. The work requires creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs, and deadlines.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
- Detailed oriented.
- Proven project management skills and the ability to work with individuals of varying levels of expertise.
- Must be able to multitask, managing several projects at one time and adjust to shifting priorities, while meeting deadlines.
- Proactive, self-motivated personality.
- Ability to work effectively with church staff and volunteers as a team player.
- The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Maintain all video equipment relating to ACF Church
- Design, produce, direct, shoot, and edit media pieces for promos, video testimonies/ministry moments, weekly video announcements, web videos, sermon illustrations, and special events providing accuracy, skill, and attention to detail while under pressure.
- Edit and upload audio sermons file for web podcast.
- Create advanced motion graphics as needed for videos, worship backgrounds, and promotional videos.
- Provide a team spirit and function seamlessly with the ACF Church staff and volunteers.
- Attend all required meetings
- Recruit and train volunteers (as needed).
- Document church wide events to be archived for future projects.
- Update church physical and digital signage (Duratrans poster, looping animation on TVs, print material, Facebook, LED sign, other media)
- Responsible for ensuring the archiving and organization of all raw footage and media as needed.
- Ensure compliance with applicable governmental laws and regulations regarding copyrighted materials.
- Be willing to cover additional responsibilities deemed as necessary for fulfilling the requirements of this position.
- General knowledge of Biblical concepts, themes, timeline, characters, and stories.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE FOR VIDEO STORYTELLING
- Comfortable shooting photos and videos with DSLR cameras (Canon EOS line of cameras preferable)
- Must know how to properly light and key green screen footage
- Understand basic lighting set-ups and able to adapt depending on environment
- Be comfortable directing people in front of a camera
- Know how to capture audio with boom mics, lav mics, and audio preamps
- Have a working knowledge on video composition
- Must have an eye for design
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE FOR GRAPHIC DESIGN
- Principles, practices and techniques of digital art, graphic design, layout and illustration.
- Principles and design techniques of typesetting, printing and photography; printing processes (including four color process), various types of ink, paper stock, and other supplies used, their characteristics, uses and limitations; electronic desktop publishing equipment and techniques (such as form design and layout techniques).
- Project manage and creative lead for all sermon series artwork. This includes, but not limited to, scheduling meetings, creative direction, graphic design of all supporting visual conceptions, sermon series promotions, and sermon series production timeline. Works directly with Senior Pastor and the Creative Team.
- Works with various departmental staff, church volunteers, and team members to provide professional recommendations for concept, design, art direction, production, print buying, and quality control.
- Monitors and tracks production projects to ensure proper and timely completion; works with outside vendors to meet production deadlines.
- Responsible for print and prepress specifications, purchasing, approvals and quality control.
- Contributes to the editorial development of projects.
CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTITUDE
Must have positive and encouraging attitude. Need to view all projects with a positive, anything is possible attitude relative to cost and time. View staff and volunteers as customers with the attitude of creating high customer satisfaction and meeting or exceeding expectations for design projects. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: Two year degree or certificate in video producing & design (preferred but not required)
Experience: One year experience in video production and design
Software: Must know how to use Adobe Creative Cloud production programs (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, & Media Encoder)
Clear personal commitment to Jesus Christ and to the church.
To apply for this position, email resume and video portfolio link to email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Piano Accompanist/Music & Worship AssociateBerea First Baptist Church
- Greenville, South Carolina
- January 23
Harvest Bible Chapel - Director of WorshipVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sacramento, California
- January 20
Faith Church - Graphic DesignerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sunset Hills, Missouri
- January 20
Preschool Ministry LeaderPark Cities Presbyterian Church
- Dallas, Texas
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
ACF Church is a growing gathering of the churched, unchurched and de-churched, located in Eagle River, Alaska. Eagle River is a community of 35,000 composed of many young families and military personnel who work on JBER (Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson). ACF Church is about 12 miles from Anchorage which has a population of over 300,000. ACF Church has grown exponentially from 35 people in 2009 to currently over 700 on a weekly basis. Our demographic is primarily people between the ages of 20 and 40 years old with 70-80% current or ex-milita More...