DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES (FULL TIME)
1. PURPOSE OF POSITION
- To provide opportunities consistent with GLPC Mission, Vision, and Values e.g. “...transforming lives in Christ.”
- To create and implement a Christ-centered, transformative, “invite-a-friend” children’s ministry program that inspires children (and in turn their families) to attend Sunday school activities, special events and programs.
- To build strong relationships with, and garner the respect of, parents of all elementary-aged children and communicate with them through multiple media on a regular basis.
- To ensure that the children’s ministry program witnesses the Reformed theology and mission of the church, while creating and encouraging a loving, nurturing, safe environment for infants through fifth grade students.
- To bring vision and organization to the children’s ministry, so that it can grow at the pace at which our church is growing.
- Must have a heart for Jesus Christ and his Great Commission.
- Must have a loving knowledge of Scripture as the inspired Word of God, and its application to children and families.
- Undergraduate degree in related field required, master’s degree preferred.
- Must have experience in public or private elementary education, children’s ministry, or Christian education.
- Must have demonstrated ability to recruit, lead and motivate volunteers.
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be skilled in interpersonal relationships, conflict management, and collaboration.
3. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build strong relationships with parents of children involved in the children’s ministry program and ensure that a continuous communication process is in place and utilized.
- Communicate regularly with volunteers, parents and the church as a whole, providing updates on current happenings within the children’s ministry program.
- Provide a warm welcome to new families who come to Grand Lakes Presbyterian Church and ensure that they have all the information they need about our ministry.
- Communicate with parents about parent-appropriate adult education classes during the 10:00 am hour to ensure parental involvement during that time period while children are busy with Tunes at 10:00 (children’s choir).
Volunteer and Resource Management
- Recruit, lead, and motivate all children’s ministry volunteers, including Sunday school teachers and other special event coordinators who are eager to spread God’s Word to our children.
- Ensure that volunteer leaders are trained and ready to serve on the children’s ministry committee and subcommittees in a leadership role.
- Ensure that we have volunteers needed for all Sunday school roles each week and find substitutes as needed.
- Supervise and lead all nursery operations and staff.
- Train and coordinate teen helpers as needed for Sunday and special events.
- Manage the annual budget for children’s ministries.
- Create and maintain a children’s ministry manual and organize all supplies
- Assist with the vision, planning and implementation of all special events and groups within the children’s ministry area, including Sunday school, Club 45, Third grade Bible program, Easter and Christmas events and Vacation Bible School.
- Oversee and coordinate the selection and implementation of the Sunday school and special event (i.e. Vacation Bible School) curriculum.
- Provide tools for parents to reinforce the Sunday school lesson each week.
- Ensure our Safe Sanctuary Policy is consistently upheld to ensure the safety of our children.
- Review children ministry and nursery policies on a regular basis to protect the children within our church.
- Conduct and maintain background checks on all Sunday school teachers, nursery staff and special event volunteers who will have contact with children.
- Other duties as required or designated.
- The Director of Children’s Ministry serves as a member of the staff of the Church and as such is ultimately responsible to the Session through the Personnel Committee.
- The Director of Children’s Ministry is immediately under authority of the Pastor, as Head of Staff. Immediate supervision will be by Pastoral Staff. He or she will be evaluated at least annually in conformance with this Position Description.
- We are looking for an excellent candidate and our compensation package is fully competitive ($40,000), including benefits.
7. VACATION LEAVE
- Two (2) weeks paid vacation.
8. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a full time position with office hours as defined (normally 9:00 A.M. until 4:00 P.M., Monday through Friday). The position requires on-site presence from 8:00 A.M. until 12:30 P.M., Sundays. (However, as with all positions in ministry, there will, from time to time, be occasions that require “above and beyond” service.)
- Successful criminal background check and agreement with Safe Sanctuary Policy.
- Salary as agreed, per letter agreement.
To apply for this position first see our website at www.grandlakespc.org. Then please submit a cover letter, resume, and faith statement to email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's MinistryScioto Ridge United Methodist Church
- Hilliard, Ohio
- September 28
Children's Ministry DirectorFirst United Methodist Church Winter Park
- Winter Park, Florida
- September 28
Couples' Ministry PastorChrist Community Church
- St. Charles, Illinois
- September 28
Associate Children's PastorGT Church
- West Lawn, Pennsylvania
- September 27
Associate Preschool MinisterPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- September 26
Grand Lakes Presbyterian Church
Grand Lakes Presbyterian Church is a relatively new church development in Katy, TX. Our church family is growing rapidly in both discipleship and number. As a suburban community of faith outside of Houston, TX our children’s ministry continues expanding with numerous young families. We’re looking for a full-time, children’s director to prayerfully lead our children’s ministry with enthusiasm, collaboration, and inspiration. If you are a committed follower of Jesus Christ, with a particular gift of ministering to child More...