Cornerstone Community Church
Youth and Worship Pastor
The purpose of Cornerstone’s Youth and Worship Pastor is to develop and effectively lead various teams of worship and Youth ministry, to equip and guide ministry leaders, and to assist with the service planning process, all in a way that is glorifying to
the Lord and all under the direction of Cornerstone’s missions, values, and theology.
· Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
· Musical skills and competence.
· Committed to the church’s vision, leadership, and people.
· Dependable, responsible, and creative.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Biblical education.
· Home life reflects strong relationship with Jesus.
· Experience with Adobe suite – Photoshop, Illustator, etc. a plus.
· Experience managing web design and social media.
· Select and plan music for services.
· Develop musical teams for services. Schedule teams.
· Recruit, equip, motivate, and guide music team members.
· Establish a weekly rehearsal schedule.
· Create ‘order of service’ for Sunday services.
· Lead music for Sunday services and seasonal services.
· Communicate faithfully with elders, pastor(s), and staff.
· Encourage the development of musical, creative, and technical gifts of others.
· Develop an annual music ministry budget proposal, and administer that budget as approved by the financial team.
· Lead ministry in consultation with the church elders and lead pastor.
· Be an active member of Cornerstone Community church – participate in the daily life and ministry of the church.
· Ability to lead music for Sunday services.
· Gifted to lead and educate other volunteer musicians.
· Capability of relating personally and musically with both skilled and unskilled musicians.
· Experience with technical aspects of contemporary services – soundboards, lights, video, etc. – a plus.
· Cornerstone’s music ministry generally has contemporary worship services, although the church does currently sing about one hymn a week. The musical style uses modern instruments – often acoustic and electric guitars, drums, keyboard, etc. The
music ministry strives to play songs that reflect deep biblical truths.
· To cast vision, administer and supervise all youth ministries from junior high to high school that instruct and motivate developing a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. To train and equip leaders to organize and plan all lessons for all ministries.
This individual must be highly gifted in the area of delegation and have the ability to reproduce their leadership into key leaders.
· To mentor, equip and create environments for families to connect and apply biblical principles in their lives.
· Provide pastoral care to the youth and their families.
· An organized, ongoing ministry of training and discipleship of people in the Christian Faith to include:
· Teaching in basic Bible doctrine.
· Instruction and motivation in developing a commitment to Christ, living a Spirit-filled life and growing towards spiritual maturity.
· Development of Biblical principal centered curriculum to help the youth live out their faith according to God’s word.
· An organized, ongoing ministry designed to train and send people forth in personal evangelism.
· Keeping current on youth trends, programming and needs.
· Seeking to integrate the youth ministries into the total thrust and mission of the church.
· Developing and maintaining an organized and ongoing program to build, support and encourage strong youth and family structure.
· Assisting in the public worship services as directed by the elder board.
· Assisting in special times of need of the church (preaching services, funerals, weddings etc. if needed).
· Giving assistance in areas of ministry as directed by the elder board.
Other Job Details:
+ Full-time position - compensation based on both experience and education.
please email resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org