Osseo Church is looking for a kid loving, Christ loving, organized leader to minister to our elementary children. You will find this church welcoming, functional, caring and a passion to reach and grow children in the NW suburbs of Minneapolis. We work
as a team and there is flexiblity. Contact Pastor Jim if you are interested.
OSSEO CHURCH Osseo, Minnesota
MINISTRY DESCRIPTION FOR PASTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES
Title: The Director/Pastor of Children’s Ministries
Scope: Ministry & leadership to elementary children.
Time: 10 to 15 hours per week.
Pay: $150 per week or more depending on experience and talent.
Who & Where: Osseo Church of the Nazarene - 224 First Ave NW | Osseo, MN | 55369 (Between Brooklyn Park and Maple Grove)
Contact: Pastor Jim Comfort @ (763) 425-2730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Web address: www.osseochurch.org
Osseo Church is connected to the Church of the Nazarene. We are Christian, Missional and promote Christ-like living. Osseo is all about 4 elements: Gathering, Growing, Going, and Giving. Right now we are 150 strong with 10 to 13 in our
- Commitment to Christ - A personal, vital relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ
- Character - A person of biblical morals with integrity, responsibility, and maturity for age
- Chemistry – A ministry philosophy and outlook that can work with the lead pastor and church. Does the director’s personality, goals, persuasion mesh with the personality of the region, church, and its heritage?
- A passion for children and their families expressed through a visionary style of ministry lived out through servant leadership.
- A proficient level of skill in discipleship, programming, and teaching abilities.
- An ability to recruit for and delegate ministry.
- A "whole church" perspective with regard to working with other ministries.
- A shepherding heart for the emotional and spiritual needs of children.
- Be able to handle some discipline issues and special needs.
- Some college education required. A degree from a Bible college or training in the field of children’s ministry will be given preference.
- Agree to support and abide by Nazarene’s Church Statement of Faith, Bylaws, and Policy.
- Develop an exciting Sunday morning children’s service for the elementary children. Give leadership & shepherding to children’s volunteers.
The director is welcome to customize the scope of the children’s ministry under the direction of the lead pastor and with permission from the church board.
- Give leadership, administration and oversight to the Children’s ministry of Kindergarten through fifth graders.
- Oversight of monthly Family Days or Activities.
- Facilitate open communication between parents and children’s ministry leadership.
- Meet with the senior pastor once or twice per month.
- Cultivate a new value of parents discipling children.
- Oversight of all children’s ministry & safety training.
- Give written reports to church board every other month.
- Support and promote district events.
- Give at least 10 to 15 hours per week to this ministry.
Planning, Coordination, and Recruiting:
- Participate in staff meetings that occur every other week. (If available)
- Be able to recruit mature teenagers and adults for volunteering.
- Regularly communicate/meet with Children’s team members for training, encouragement and planning.
- Cultivate consistent and clear communication with kids, church and parents.
Outcome and Metrics (How we measure your effectiveness
- Ministry is vibrant, grows, and children are interested/growing in the Lord.
- Parents and people in the church are volunteering & leading in the ministry.
- Parents inside the church and in the community come to appreciate your ministry and want to support it.
- Personal growth in maturity and ability as a minister.