Osseo Church is looking for a kid loving, Christ loving, organized leader to minister to our elementary children. You will find this church welcoming, functional, caring and a passion to reach and grow children in the NW suburbs of Minneapolis. We work as a team and there is flexiblity. Contact Pastor Jim if you are interested.
OSSEO CHURCH Osseo, Minnesota
MINISTRY DESCRIPTION FOR PASTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES
Title: The Director/Pastor of Children’s Ministries
Scope: Ministry & leadership to elementary children.
Time: 10 to 15 hours per week.
Pay: $150 per week or more depending on experience and talent.
Who & Where: Osseo Church of the Nazarene - 224 First Ave NW | Osseo, MN | 55369 (Between Brooklyn Park and Maple Grove)
Contact: Pastor Jim Comfort @ (763) 425-2730 or email@example.com
Web address: www.osseochurch.org
Osseo Church is connected to the Church of the Nazarene. We are Christian, Missional and promote Christ-like living. Osseo is all about 4 elements: Gathering, Growing, Going, and Giving. Right now we are 150 strong with 10 to 13 in our Kidventure program.
- Commitment to Christ - A personal, vital relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ
- Character - A person of biblical morals with integrity, responsibility, and maturity for age
- Chemistry – A ministry philosophy and outlook that can work with the lead pastor and church. Does the director’s personality, goals, persuasion mesh with the personality of the region, church, and its heritage?
- A passion for children and their families expressed through a visionary style of ministry lived out through servant leadership.
- A proficient level of skill in discipleship, programming, and teaching abilities.
- An ability to recruit for and delegate ministry.
- A "whole church" perspective with regard to working with other ministries.
- A shepherding heart for the emotional and spiritual needs of children.
- Be able to handle some discipline issues and special needs.
- Some college education required. A degree from a Bible college or training in the field of children’s ministry will be given preference.
- Agree to support and abide by Nazarene’s Church Statement of Faith, Bylaws, and Policy.
- Develop an exciting Sunday morning children’s service for the elementary children. Give leadership & shepherding to children’s volunteers.
- Give leadership, administration and oversight to the Children’s ministry of Kindergarten through fifth graders.
- Oversight of monthly Family Days or Activities.
- Facilitate open communication between parents and children’s ministry leadership.
- Meet with the senior pastor once or twice per month.
- Cultivate a new value of parents discipling children.
- Oversight of all children’s ministry & safety training.
- Give written reports to church board every other month.
- Support and promote district events.
- Give at least 10 to 15 hours per week to this ministry.
Planning, Coordination, and Recruiting:
- Participate in staff meetings that occur every other week. (If available)
- Be able to recruit mature teenagers and adults for volunteering.
- Regularly communicate/meet with Children’s team members for training, encouragement and planning.
- Cultivate consistent and clear communication with kids, church and parents.
Outcome and Metrics (How we measure your effectiveness
- Ministry is vibrant, grows, and children are interested/growing in the Lord.
- Parents and people in the church are volunteering & leading in the ministry.
- Parents inside the church and in the community come to appreciate your ministry and want to support it.
- Personal growth in maturity and ability as a minister.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children and Family Ministry DirectorSt Luke Lutheran Church
- Gahanna, Ohio
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorMt. Olive UMC
- marion, Indiana
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorKempsville Presbyterian Church
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- January 16
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
Children's DirectorGreater Mt Zion Baptist Church
- Austin, Texas
- January 13
Osseo Church of the Nazarene
Our Vision A dynamic multi-generational church impacting the world as we GATHER, GROW, GO and GIVE in devotion to Christ Our Mission To GATHER in worship, GROW in faith, GO share Christ, and GIVE our time, treasures, and talents More...