Pastor of Worship and Outreach
Fields Memorial Wesleyan Church
Contact: Rev. Kurt Rovenstine
Weekly worship average: 130
Interested Applicants please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Solid Christian Character
- Desire to see the lost come to Jesus
- Ability to lead both vocally and instrumentally
- Ability to fulfill administrative and practical functions of ministry as well as performance and leading duties
- Willingness to work with a team of volunteers
- Willingness to join the Wesleyan Church
- In cooperation with the Senior Pastor, plan and implement services for Sunday morning and Saturday Night.
- Work with the Senior Pastor in preparing order of worship of each service
- Pick out song sets
- Prepare, or supervise the gathering of sheet music and programing of songs and announcements into the presentation program
- Practice with each team in preparation for each service
- Provide opportunities for special music on occasion
- Recruit and train and schedule singers, musicians, sound and video techs for both services
- In cooperation with the Senior Pastor plan special services around Christmas, Easter, and other significant events in the life of the church.
- Keep sound and video equipment up to date and maintained
- Help plan and implement events and programs outside of the church walls that will attract the unchurched.
- Concerts in the park
- Youth events (with input from the youth pastor)
- Events and programs that help to meet felt needs of the community, such as marriage and parenting seminars or crisis and benevolence programs
- Work with other ministries and individuals in the community that have ideas and dreams for reaching the lost for Christ to develop partnerships that allow our people opportunity to be involved with their outreach activities.