Job Title: DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRIES
Organization: West Independence United Methodist Church
22876 US Highway 224
Fostoria, Ohio 44830
Contact eMail: email@example.com
Office Phone: 419-894-6454
Office FAX: 419-894-6484
Resume’ Accepted Thru: June 19, 2015
Projected Starting Date: August 1 – September 1, 2015
Summary: West Independence UMC is alive and growing in Christian faith. The church has excellent resources available for youth ministry, funding for continuing education, and a supportive youth ministry budget. We have vibrant ministries
for; young children, youth, and adults of various ages, making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in the area of Youth Ministry is preferred.
• Must have experience in youth ministry
• Must have experience studying and teaching the Word of God
• Must have experience sharing the Gospel with others
• Experience in church leadership is preferred
• Experience in recruiting, training and working with volunteers is preferred
• An established spiritual life, and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• A desire to serve Christ, the Church, and Youth (5th – 8th Grades & 9th – 12th Grades).
• A willingness to lead youth into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Ability to develop and manage a Christ-centered youth ministry.
• Ability to establish encouraging relationships with youth.
• Ability to develop and empower a Youth Ministry Leadership Team.
• Ability to provide outreach opportunities for youth to share God’s love.
• Ability to provide opportunities for youth to interact with all age groups.
• Ability to develop and maintain a youth web page for the church.
• Ability to lead the youth as a well managed part of the church.
• Be familiar with the Safe Sanctuary Policy of the church and adhere to it.
Resume’ and References:
• Please submit a resume via email or snail mail no later than June 19, 2015.
• Applicants should indicate their compensation requirements along with resume’.
• Applicants should provide three references.
••One from a youth or worship ministry worked in, or volunteered for.
••One from a recent previous employer (if applicable)
A more comprehensive Position Description is available on our web page.