Do you have a calling to serve Christ and the local church? Are you a gifted leader with a desire to develop and disciple others? Are you passionate about leading students to know Christ? You may just be who we are looking for!
Cape Christian is a gospel-centered church located in Cape Coral, Florida. We are about transforming our city through healing our homes. We are currently looking for a new staff member to join our team in a full time capacity as a Student Ministry Pastor.
The Student Ministry Pastor position exists to direct the spiritual growth of the middle school and high school students of Cape Christian Fellowship. Responsible for leading biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy weekly
services, special events and trips for middle/high school students. The expectation of the Student Ministry Pastor is to provide leadership that enables the ministry area to grow, attracting new students while simultaneously creating an atmosphere for discipleship
and spiritual growth. Consistent with Cape Christian’s mission, the Student Ministry Pastor must connect with parents for the purpose of empowering them to be the primary spiritual influence in their children’s lives.
Applicant must be a deeply committed Christ-follower with a passion for reaching and discipling the unchurched families of the community.
- Minimum of 4+ years successfully leading a healthy Student Ministry of over 100 students
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University
- Must love students, love being with them, and be a strong example of a mature Christ follower in their lives
- Must have great leadership/management skills
- A strong teacher/communicator to small and large groups
- Excellent communication skills—verbal and written
- A team player – someone who works well with a team-minded staff and does whatever is needed for the team
- Very relational—ability to relate to students of different backgrounds, different maturity levels, and different places in their faith walk
- Ability to recruit, train, lead, and mentor large volunteer teams
- A self-starter, able to anticipate needs and priorities without oversight and someone who can follow through with plans and assignments
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to use current social media to promote the ministry
- Serve as an active member of the church congregation by attending services and church events
- Must have a heart reaching students and families in the community
40-45 hours per week including weekend services
Please email the following to email@example.com
- Cover letter
- Personal Testimony
- Your philosophy of Student Ministry
- Include an example of a large group teaching (typed transcript, but audio or video file/link is preferred).