The Children’s Ministry Director provides leadership, structure, and vision to Woodcrest Church’s Children’s Ministry. The focus of Children’s Ministry is to present Biblical truths to help families build a spiritual foundation for their child within the
overall vision of Woodcrest Church – Real God. Real People. Real Transformation.
This vision is specifically implemented through the values of Gather, Connect
- A. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Baccalaureate degree in Christian Education/Education or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience desirable.
a) Insight into current ministry models with an ability to cast vision for the Woodcrest Children’s Ministry.
b) Strong management skills to delegate and oversee paid staff in a multiple-service setting.
c) Strong communication skills, including the ability and desire to build relationships with volunteer staff, parents and children.
d) Ability to recognize, recruit, and shepherd adults with gifts/interests in Children’s Ministry.
e) Background and/or experience in behavioral management as it relates to the classroom.
f) Possess a deep desire to see children grow and develop in their faith.
- Be a Church Member in good standing at Woodcrest Church.
- Subscribe to and annually confirm the Statement of Faith, Purpose, Vision, Values and Covenant of Woodcrest Church as stated in the church constitution.
- Strive to meet the Biblical standards for church leaders (1Timothy 3:1-7).
- Be a proportionate giver with tithing as a requirement.
- Support evangelical theology for which Woodcrest Church stands.
- B. RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for ministering to children from birth through 5th grade and to their families. The primary objectives are to evangelize and disciple children and to be a resource for parents as they build a spiritual
foundation in their home.
- Develop, lead, and implement the Children’s Ministry programs.
- Develop the Children’s Ministry team; encourage growth and team cohesiveness; create and communicate the vision, values and goals for the team.
- Recruit, shepherd and equip volunteers for Children’s Ministry.
- Develop and oversee the curriculum selection process.
- Be an advocate for children and families at Woodcrest Church.
- Develop yearly budgets and objectives for Children’s Ministry.
- Assist Senior Pastor as requested in development of overall church ministry.
- C. RELATIONSHIPS:
- Reports to Senior Pastor.
- Supervises Children’s Ministry staff.
- Give leadership to the Children’s Ministry Team.
- Coordinates ministry with other ministry team leaders and church staff.