River Oaks Community Church
CHURCH SIZE: 1000-1500
JOB TYPE: Full-Time (willing to consider individuals interested in part-time employment on a case by case basis)
DENOMINATION: Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC)
This person will be responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction, and oversight of our Sunday morning ministries to elementary-age children. This includes the identification, training, and encouragement of volunteer leaders and the supervision
of programming. Our existing children’s ministry team is comprised of one, full-time Children’s Director and a part-time Children’s Ministry Associate. The right person will have a track record of collaborating with others to accomplish exceptional results.
- Oversee Kid’s ROCC: A Sunday morning ministry for K-5th grade children designed to present the timeless truths of the gospel to children in a manner that is fun, engaging, and relevant. Children should love to attend Kid’s ROCC and grow in the
grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ at the same time. Current attendance is approximately 175 children for our two Sunday morning services.
- Recruit, train and develop a strong team of volunteer leaders. Fulfill Ephesians 4:12 by equipping people for works of service and cultivating their spiritual gifts.
- Develop teams for Sunday program areas (for example: music, large group teachers, small group leaders, welcome/check-in, drama, and A/V teams).
- Build partnerships and equip parents so that the church is ministering to children in concert with what is happening at home. Develop a sense of community and discipleship between the children and their families.
- Encourage and foster an environment where children pray with and for each other.
- Make recommendations regarding curricula for children and modify as needed to meet the needs of all students.
- Ensure first-time visitors—both the students and their parents—feel welcome and have a memorable experience. Help families of elementary-age children connect at River Oaks.
- As needed, meet with parents of elementary-aged students in a crisis situation or when pastoral assistance is needed.
- Work with the Children’s Director to plan and oversee kid-friendly seasonal programs (for example: Christmas plays and VBS).
- Work with the Children’s Director to plan periodic events for elementary-age children outside of Sunday mornings (for example: skate parties, pool parties, or pizza parties).
- Cultivate an ever-deepening personal relationship with Jesus Christ through prayer, Bible study, and worship attendance.
- Be able to think strategically, provide direction, accept direction, and take projects from concept to completion while continually seeking God’s will for the ministry.
- Be optimistic and steadfast in the face of difficulty. View adversity not as a problem but as an unsolved opportunity.
- Be industrious, hard working, and diligent. The right person will be relationship-minded and results-oriented.
- Be easily dissatisfied with the status quo, but respond with grace when the answer is “no.” Be able to separate your ideas from your identity.
- Develop a budget and work within those guidelines while establishing goals and implementing strategies for their attainment.
- Contribute to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, and prayer. A willingness to embrace the power of humility and collaboration with a servant’s heart is a must.
- Be supportive of and participate in the regular church programs and activities.
- Be able to address conflict with grace and truth using the biblical model laid out in Matthew 18.
- Be in agreement with the core beliefs of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (http://epc.org/about-the-epc/beliefs/).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Children’s ministry experience
- A proven track record of effective leadership
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effectiveness as a public speaker/teacher
- Experience in dramatic presentation or theater for children is a plus
- Work closely with our full-time Children’s Director and a part-time Children’s Ministry Associate.
- Reports to the Executive Pastor
ABOUT RIVER OAKS COMMUNITY CHURCH
The church began in March 1999 with a core group of 30 families and has grown dramatically since then. We are strategically located next to West Forsyth High School, along a major thoroughfare that connects the cities of Lewisville, Clemmons, and Winston-Salem.
Our worship services are contemporary and we encourage people to “come as you are.”
Our church exists to REACH those who do not know our Lord Jesus Christ with the Gospel,
BUILD devoted and equipped followers of Jesus, and SEND God's people into the world to serve with compassion and conviction. For more information about our church, visit www.riveroakschurch.org.
We are a member of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC). The EPC is a family of churches, Reformed and Presbyterian, defined by shared core values and bonded by the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. Our affiliation with this denomination provides many benefits,
including regional training opportunities for our leaders and members. For more information about the EPC, visit www.epc.org.