Set and Lighting Manager
Job Location: Crossroads Church, Cincinnati, OH
Crossroads is a multi-site church. The lighting and stage team currently builds and lights sets at four of our five locations. We are looking for someone to join our team.
Full Time Position
Managed and supported by the Director of Set and Lighting Production.
The set and lighting manager is responsible for helping build and leading the installation of theatrical designs. Execution will be based upon provided shop drawings and light plots. Each series lasts four to six weeks. The set and light plots
are changed during the week between message series with the help of volunteers. Weekly duties include cueing lighting to music rehearsal recordings and running lights for a full runthrough and all weekend services. As well as monthly Wednesday evening services,
and special events. Additional responsibilities include recruiting, ministering to, organizing, training and scheduling volunteers. Maintaining stage and lighting systems for weekly use. As well as helping to build the sets for upcoming series.
- Passion to serve others and be pursuing God.
- Desire to use your skills to communicate God’s story.
- Patience and the heart to teach technical aspects to volunteers.
- Must be able to demonstrate evidence of technical theatre experience.
- Have the skill and knowledge to build scenic elements and hang stage lights based on drawings.
- Construction Experience (building walls, platforms, metal work, safe tool operation, painting, etc...)
- Can demonstrate knowledge of safe stage rigging practices, Hanging set pieces and fabrics. -- - Rigging chain motors and truss.
- Working Knowledge of DMX512 and basic lighting networks.
- Familiar with GrandMa2 or other intelligent lighting boards.
- Familiar with installation and operation of intelligent, and conventional stage light fixtures. (Most of our fixtures are Martin, and ETC).
- The ability to adapt to weekly additions to stage presentations.
- Forward thinking in planning and scheduling.
- Self starting tendencies.
- Must be able to manage volunteers.
- Safety and electrical knowledge.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects.
- Willing to work until the job is finished (weeks when the set is changed can be very long).
- Able to work in a team setting