TITLE: Director of Pre-School Ministry
POSITION TYPE: FULL TIME – Director level
COMPENSATION: Salary plus FT Benefits
REPORTS TO: Children’s Pastor
LifeAustin is a rapidly growing church in Austin, Texas. With a beautiful campus, incredible facilities, and an incredible team, we are building a ministry to families that will transform lives.
The Preschool Director is responsible for developing, implementing, and promoting a birth-thru-Kindergarten ministry involving education and activities for children, to reach the church body and the community for purposes of salvation, spiritual growth,
and family enrichment. Emphasis will be to develop and maintain a vibrant preschool ministry while training and developing a team. Additional emphasis will be placed on developing weekday childcare ministry.
Basic Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Enlist, Train, and Develop Volunteer Teams ("Lead Teams", leading "Dream Teams")
- Plan and promote activities for preschool children during church worship services
- Ensure that all childcare providers understand and adhere to child care and protection policies
- Coordinate events and programs to create ministry Wins
- Coordinate with Children’s Pastor to insure consistency of programming across age-levels
- Manage relationship and develop workflow with paid childcare workers
- Develop consistent communication and workflow thru church database
- Manage programming and childcare for weekday bible studies
- Manages preschool ministry “dashboard” that includes all metrics
- Oversees all aspects of CCB database related to preschool ministry
- Communicate and coordinate with MBF for weekly paid childcare needs
- Plan and execute systems and processes for growing preschool ministry
- Develop and Implement regular Trainings for both paid and unpaid childcare workers
- Effective ongoing assimilation of new leaders and volunteers
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Passion for Preschool Children’s Ministry, and desire to see parents leading families spiritually
- Ability to design and develop ministry programming
- Excellent public communication skills to lead trainings, meetings, etc.
- Effectiveness in recruiting, motivating, training, and scheduling Dream Teams to minister to children & their families
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible in a rapidly growing church
- Commitment to reach out and connect to new families
- Confidentiality, Maturity, Discretion, Emotional Intelligence, and Christ-like attitude toward all
NOTE: This job description is meant to be general in nature. Specific duties may be required that are not mentioned. Teamwork is a core value of LifeAustin and it is important to continue in that spirit. As our Church and ministry grows, other
responsibilities may be required and added.