Job Description: Church Administrator
Community Worship Center is a growing, mission-minded ministry that is planting churches and supporting strategic mission outreaches around the world. Because of the growing complexity of the ministry, it is seeking to add a new position of Church
The Church Administrator will work directly with the Senior Pastor, the Associate Pastor Team, and Elders to oversee the ongoing infrastructure that is necessary to fulfill the vision of CWC. The responsibilities include the following:
LEADERSHIP AND SUPERVISION
1. Participates with the Pastoral Team in a weekly planning and coordination meeting.
2. Attends the monthly Elder meeting as a non-voting member. Assists the Senior Pastor in preparing and presenting the monthly financial report to the Elders.
3. Assists the Senior Pastor and the Associate Pastors in preparing the annual budget proposal to the Elders.
4. Manages His Corner Bookstore & Coffee Café. Supervises part-time employees and volunteers, oversees purchasing, merchandising, bookkeeping, payroll, etc.
FINANCE AND HUMAN RESOURCES
1. Serves as the CWC Bookkeeper in all financial transactions: payables, receivables, payroll, budget controls, tax compliance and reporting.
*This includes the Perryton Campus, His Corner Bookstore, CWC Denton Campus, CWC missionary accounts, etc.
2. Maintains personnel files, and manages the benefit packages for all employees.
*In compliance with our Personnel Policy Handbook- this includes vacation time, HRA payments, sick leave, retirement plan, annual employment
agreements and job descriptions, etc.
3. Assists the Senior Pastor in exploring future administrative structures to facilitate ministry growth.
FACILITIES & BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS
1. Oversees building maintenance, repairs, and upkeep.
2. Oversees church vehicle maintenance, repairs, and upkeep.
1. Possess a personal and growing relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. Be in agreement with the stated beliefs and mission of CWC.
3. Possess an inner motivation that seeks excellence as the norm.
4. Be an intensely detail oriented person.
5. Be a team player, who seeks to bring out the best in others.
6. Minimum 5 years of administrative experience. College degree preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
1. A thorough working knowledge of Quickbooks Accounting software.
2. Experience in business administration, personnel, and church leadership systems.
3. Ability to prepare effective and understandable documents and correspondence.
4. A working knowledge of current trends in legal and tax issues as it relates to churches.
Classification – Full time
Reports to – The Senior Pastor
To Apply - Forward your resume and cover letter to Pastor Mike Waterbury at: email@example.com
(PLEASE no phone calls)