Worship Ministry Director
Full-Time (40 Hour)
The Worship Director oversees the alignment of our church around a culture of worshipping God. This director develops and provides direction that builds a culture of passionate, meaningful worship at Christ The Rock.
Qualifications. Must demonstrate:
- Passion about worshipping God personally and with others.
- Proven pastoral care/shepherding strengths to care for the teams and people in the church.
- Leadership skills in areas of influence, team building, maximizing others strengths, and directing an ideal worship culture.
- Character of a Christ-follower, i.e. hunger for God, humility and grace.
- Able to mentor/disciple others to follow and worship Jesus.
- High level of musical ability over a variety of styles.
- Ability to train and develop musicians on instruments and vocals.
- Biblical understanding of core doctrine, the Church, leadership and worship.
- Good people and communication skills, with an attitude of service and humility in leadership.
- Able to lead and direct teams both in planning and in live situations, while maintaining a worshipful attitude.
- Able to problem-solve, create development plans for team members, and implement changes that bring our church to a greater depth of worshipping God.
- Four year degree or commensurate experience in related field.
This person is a:
- Leader. A big-picture planner, ministry partner, coach and motivator. Lead other staff and volunteers to implement worship culture alignment strategies. Needs to have a strong “follow-ability” that invites the church members to easily engage in the worship experiences, and shows strengths in mobilizing audiences to respond to God.
- Culture Developer. Understand the vision cast by leadership and organize worship efforts church-wide in a way that best reflects church vision and mission. Remove obstacles that prevent authentic worship.
- Coordinator. Interact with church leadership as an advocate for intentional, creative worship experiences. Connect with ministries on a personal face-to-face and regular basis to understand their worship needs, and follow through with appropriate leadership to help meet those needs.
- People Developer. Educate and coach others toward an ideal worship culture focused on Jesus and what He’s done for each of us. Meet people where they are in their journey with God and help them develop next steps.
This person is not a:
- Performance Artist.
- Manager (one who simply maintains status quo).
60% of the time – Direct the Worship Ministry
- Work with church and ministry leaders to define, develop and align all worship experiences around common vision and mission.
- Create and implement a strategy for becoming more visible in the surrounding communities.
- Stay progressive in worship arts.
- Keep a pulse on new ideas used by other churches that truly help more people worship God in their everyday lives.
- Attend training and research ways to foster greater connection for worshippers to God.
- Build & equip other musical worship teams for different age groups and activities; Amped, Narrow Path, Crossing, weddings, church-wide events, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, Son Harbor, etc. *Periodically provide musical worship for above.
40% of the time - Develop worship experiences in weekend services:
- Create, organize, plan and implement engaging weekend worship experiences.
- Cultivate & lead worship ministry volunteers with regular care, direction and involvement.
- Develop the current/new worship leaders and teams to grow in their effectiveness of spiritually leading the congregation in musical worship.
- Develop worship culture that is consistent with CTR values, both personally and with teams.
- Educate, lead and inspire the congregation to respond to God.
- Provide leadership within the flow of weekend services by working with the service planning team while they coordinate all aspects of the weekend services.
- Recruit & develop worship volunteers for weekends (additional worship leaders, musicians and vocalists).
Worship Leader Meetings, Service Planning Team, Staff and Transform Team Meetings.
Weekend services (3 times a month), some weekday office hours, and occasional weekday evenings or weekends (outside of services) for training or to provide worship support for youth & other CTR events within allotted hours.
To apply, please visit our website at www.christtherock.org.
The on-line application can be found under the “About” tab.
Resumes and Music Samples can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Praise & Worship LeaderFamily Praise Center
- Vinita, Oklahoma
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Christ The Rock Community Church
Christ The Rock (CTR) is a non-denominational church located in the Fox River Valley area of Wisconsin. CTR has a Vision to see All people, no matter their condition, come to know, follow and worship Jesus. Their Mission as a church is to seek the lost, love the hurting and disciple believers...to do the same. CTR desires to pursue the Mission God has placed on their hearts through being Relational, Authentic, Honoring and Redemptive.More...