After seven years our pastor is following the call of the Lord to pursue military chaplaincy. During these seven years our church has grown from 40 to 130 people by implementing changes such as worship, life groups, a new constitution, and renewed emphasis
on reaching the lost. God has blessed our church with 11 acres, a worship center, a youth building, and a childrens building on site. We are debt free and financially healthy. Our church is located in Southlake, Texas. Southlake is home to white collar
professionals who could influence many people with the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are seeking a God-fearing pastor who maintains a personal relationship with the Lord, is graceful to those struggling with sin, is not inimidated by successful business people,
and has a proven track record of being a leader of leaders. We have three staff that assist in administration, youth, worship, and children's ministry.
- Must be an ordained pastor with a proven track record of leading a church of 100 people for more than 5 years.
- Must be a self-starter who is capable of responsible time managment.
- Must hold a Masters of Divinity degree or similar degree.
- Must exhibit characteristics of 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Must be a team player willing to be an elder amongst elders in leading the church.
- Must be able to Preach expository sermons with relevant application.
- Must be able to cast vision and over communicate it on a regular basis.
- Must be able to create systems to gauge spiritual growth of congregation.
The lead pastor is responsible for equipping God’s people to do the work of ministry, and overseeing the church’s spiritual health (Eph. 4:11-12; 1 Pet. 5:1-4). The lead pastor equips God’s people by preparing and delivering sermons, by casting vision for
future ministry, by overseeing the church staff, by conducting pastoral care for God’s people, by overseeing the assimilation of new members into the body of Christ, and by administering the ordinances.
We offer a salary of 60K+ depending on experience. This salary would include stipends for expenditures, healthcare, and retirement. This package includes paid vacation.
You must affirm the following Doctrines:
- Jesus Christ—We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully Man according to holy Scripture (2 John 1:7; John 8:58). We affirm that Jesus Christ has provided the one and only way by which we can have an eternal relationship with God (Acts 4:12; John
- The Bible—We believe that “all Scripture is inspired by God” in the sense that “Holy men were moved by the Holy Spirit” using their own personalities and writing styles in order to write the original autographs of Scripture (2 Tim 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:21). It
is our view that the Scriptures in their original manuscripts are without error. We believe and affirm that all parts of Scripture are inspired by God as well as fully authoritative for Christian living and practical instruction.
- Man and Sin—We believe that man was created in the image of God. However, man disobeyed God (Gen. 3:6). This disobedience distorted the image of God and completely severed the relationship that he had with the creator. We believe and affirm with Scriptures
that all men from that time on have been born in a sinful, rebellious, and a spiritually dead state (Rom. 3:23; 5: 8; 12-21, Eph. 2:1-6).
- Salvation—We believe and affirm with Scripture that due to God’s unfailing love for man He was not willing to leave us in our spiritually dead state (2 Peter 3:9; John 3:16; 1 John 2:2). Therefore, He sent His Son who took on Human flesh and dwelt among
us (Phil. 2:8-9). He lived a sinless life. He was crucified on the cross to bring a resolution to our sinful state (1 John 3:5; Acts 2:23). He was buried and He physically rose from the grave after three days (1 Cor. 12:3-5). We affirm with Scripture that
salvation can only be obtained through belief in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ on behalf of our sins, not through any system of works (Eph. 2:8-9).
- Redemption— God’s wrath towards mans sin demanded payment and we could not provide this payment (Rom. 6:23). Therefore, Jesus Christ, fully God and fully Man, died in our place as the penalty for sins (John 3:16; 1 John 2:2). We do affirm and believe that
God’s wrath towards our sinful nature is now satisfied by the payment of the blood of Christ (1 John 2:2; 4:10; Heb. 2:17; Rom. 3:25). We further affirm that due to the death of Jesus on the cross in place of sinners, God is now reconciled toward man. (Rom
5:10; 2 Cor 5:18-22; Eph 2:14-16; Col 1:21-22). We also affirm that once a person has been regenerated by the Holy Spirit, through faith in Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection that it is impossible for them to lose their salvation (Rom. 8:1,38-39; John
10:27-30; Eph 2:13).
- Holy Trinity—We believe and affirm that there is only one true God (James 2:19; Deut. 6:4). God as described in the Bible eternally exists in three separate persons who share the same essence. It is our conviction and belief that only faith displayed in
the one true God revealed in the Bible will lead to everlasting life. There are three persons to the unity of the God-head: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All persons of the God-head have equal attributes and are all worthy of worship (Matt. 28:18-19;
Mark 12:29; John 1:14; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Cor. 13:14; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 1:4-6).
Please submit a cover letter briefly detailing how God could use you to fulfil the ministry description. Also send your resume to email@example.com. Please include a link, or recording of any sermons you have preached in the last 6 months.
We will be taking applications for two months and then we will begin the selection process.