You are passionate…
About spreading God’s kingdom deeper into north Orange County
You are gifted…
At leading thousands of people in corporate worship
At musically leading bands
At developing and releasing young worship leaders
You are excited…
To push the boundaries of creative worship
To work with dozens of gifted volunteer musicians
To team with an energetic staff, led by a fearless leader who values innovation over fear of failure
We are watching God move in our midst, and are prayerfully dedicated to finding exactly who God wants for our next season. If this sounds like you, keep reading:
Reports to: Pastor of Worship & Creative Arts
Oversees: Worship interns, contemporary worship band musicians and singers (paid and unpaid)
Works closely with: Worship Producer, Tech Director, Lead Pastor
Works: Full time
The Worship Pastor oversees planning and leading of worship for all contemporary services (more than 5000 in weekly attendance), as well as potential future offsite venues. The Worship Pastor is responsible for recruiting, selecting, training, and shepherding
volunteer leaders, including musicians and singers. The Worship Pastor also oversees the development of worship interns, raising up worship leaders and songwriters for current and future worship sites, selecting songs for congregational worship, and fostering
a culture of worship church-wide. This position does not include leadership of Classic Worship services.
- Weekly debrief—celebrating, analysis, questions, getting answers.
- Weekly tactical & planning work—prayerful consideration of creative service planning and song selection, detailing, detailing, detailing.
- Communication about services with team members and volunteers.
- Short-term plan—creative strategy & tactics.
- Long-term plan—brainstorm, create, envision & imagine, research.
Rehearse and Lead Worship—30%
- Rehearse bands and vocalists.
- Lead 3 services on Sunday mornings, oversee Sunday evening service worship.
- Includes attendance at and leadership in pre-service production meetings as well as post-service duties.
Leading & Developing a Worshipping Community—15%
- Oversee Worship Interns
- Create and champion a process for recruiting, auditioning and onboarding new band members and singers.
- Select and train worship leaders and songwriters.
- Host and implement worship gatherings and events.
- Teaching on worship theology and practical training.
- Pastor the worship community team.
- Participate in Core Team and all staff meetings, and other church gatherings.
- Pastor on call one time a month for 2 days.
Send a resume and cover letter, along with audio/video links of songs, to Laura Tennis, Laura.Tennis@evfreefullerton.com.
Before submitting a resume and cover letter, please read EvFree Fullerton’s Statement of Faith at http://www.evfreefullerton.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Statement-of-Faith.pdf.
All applicants confirm they have reviewed and are in full agreement with each part of the Statement of Faith. Submission of a resume and cover letter constitutes an affirmation of alignment with EvFree Fullerton’s Statement of Faith.