To provide leadership and vision for Grace Community Church’s Middle School Ministry. This will include shepherding leaders and students, partnering with parents in helping their children to pursue Christ, engage with the local church, and be a participant
in kingdom expansion, and being an active member of the staff at Grace Community Church.
Character: Spiritually mature believer in a vital, growing relationship with Christ expressed in a commitment to humble, servant leadership.
Chemistry: Committed to fulfill the mission and ministry goals of Grace Community Church by collaborating with staff and volunteer team members.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills expressed in proven ability to recruit, build, and release teams for significant ministry.
- Ability to communicate to middle school students in a large group setting.
- Experience in shepherding staff and team members.
- Committed to and effective in lifestyle evangelism; catalytic to others living that way.
- Relational skills that lead to understanding how to effectively disciple families and leaders.
- Educational background that includes bachelor's degree, study of pastoral ministry and/or the desire to complete a Master’s in Divinity.
- Leadership experience with strategic development.
Culture: The Middle School Director will cultivate and participate in an environment that is:
- Self-initiating - identifying and anticipating potential new ways to engage in student ministry.
- Team-focused- able to see and work outside of job description to participate as a Grace Staff Member.
- Flexible and adaptive to unanticipated challenges.
1) Lead the development and execution of our weekend services for the middle school ministry focusing on the following values:
a) Student Involvement - middle schoolers are actively serving, greeting, and owning the weekend gathering.
b) Student Band - develop students in leading corporate worship.
c) Teaching in Community - develop and create a volunteer teaching team that aligns with our discipleship plan in family ministry.
d) Collaboration - collaborate with student ministry creative arts coordinator and participate on the weekend teaching team for student ministry.
2) Mobilize students and parents to participate in monthly local outreach (Love Moves) to cultivate habits of serving in the local church.
3) Innovate and implement bold and creative ways to reach non-believing students and teach middle schoolers to do the same.
4) Provide pastoral care to parents and students.
5) Build a healthy small group environment that:
a) Is safe for students
b) Promotes Christ-centered friendships
6) Collaborate with the Small Group Coordinator and Girls Coordinator to plan and implement curriculum for small groups.
7) Recruit, empower, and care for healthy adult volunteer leaders who will multiply the work of reaching and discipling students.
8) Participate in staff life, family ministry, and youth ministry while developing and sustaining relationships and community.
9) Grow in knowledge and experience to become the resident “expert” on middle school ministry.
Reports directly to the Pastor of Student Ministry.
Work Closely With Student Min Creative Arts Coordinator; Student Min Administrator; Small Group Coordinator; Girls Coordinator; KidZone Director
LEVEL OF COMMITMENT
This is a full-time 40 hour per week position.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume to Tracy Namie at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 8200 Old Columbia Road, Fulton, MD 20759.