The CMC is a full-time position, reporting to the Next Gen Director. The CMC will be involved in all aspects of the ministry, but will have direct supervision responsibilities pertaining to the
Kids Connect staff, in addition to serving as part of the Children’s Ministry leadership team.
A major part of the CMC’s responsibilities will be to develop skills and gain experience in these two main categories, but may not be limited to these alone:
Assist the Next Gen Director with the following administrative needs of the ministry:
- Developing/maintaining a welcoming, child-friendly and safe environment.
- Development of staffing & curriculum for children and youth ministry.
- Maintain proper materials levels in classrooms, distribute weekly materials, check equipment regularly. Maintain proper classroom signage.
- Maintain list of Next Gen (birth to 12th grade) participants.
- Post announcements and event info on The City.
Assist in supervision of ministry to children and youth through:
- Kids Connect (part time childcare staff).
- Come alongside Next Gen Director and Youth Director in development and implementation of training the Disciplers and Specialists.
- Be an encouragement to parents in discipleship of their children and youth.
- In addition to Sunday “duties,” this position will require being available for special events for children and youth (e.g., Summerville, Christmas, Easter), as well as the
- Must have a heart for children and a calling from the Lord to minister to them.
- Must be committed to a growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord through regular worship, fellowship (home groups) and prayer.
- Must be teachable, willing to be in a discipleship relationship with the
Next Gen Director and/or other ministry leaders, which includes a lifestyle of biblical purity and integrity.
- Good communication skills, judgment, and flexibility are essential.
- Should be a self-starter who is comfortable with taking on responsibility for a task or project with minimal direction, but not afraid to ask questions when more detail is required.
- This position requires at least a college degree.
- Computer skills needed include, but are not limited to: word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail capabilities. Graphic design skills are not required, but a plus.
- Need to be outgoing, comfortable around people, willing to converse on many levels.
- This position requires an ability to exert a great amount of energy, strength and fortitude.