Bethesda United Methodist Church in Salisbury, MD seeks a passionate, energetic, talented and self-motivated person to serve as CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP LEADER and YOUTH DIRECTOR. This is a
Salisbury, MD is located just 30 minutes from ocean beaches and about 2 hrs. from Baltimore, Washington, Philadelphia and Virginia Beach. Our city’s population is 31,000. Our church is multi-generational and weekly attendance averages 220.
The ideal candidate must:
*Be a follower of Christ and maintain vision and values consistent with United Methodist beliefs.
*Have previous experience as both worship leader and youth leader
*Be a ‘team player’ and exemplify strong leadership skills and ‘people skills’
CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP LEADER Primary qualifications/responsibilities:
* Good communication skills and an engaging presence to lead congregation in contemporary worship
* Skilled vocalist and instrumentalist who can lead worship from a guitar, keyboard or piano
* Have knowledge of contemporary Christian "Praise & Worship" music
* Make weekly song selections, working with pastor to plan worship service
* Recruit, rehearse and prepare music for Praise Team members
* Have knowledge of presentation software, MediaShout, in order to prepare lyrics for congregation
YOUTH DIRECTOR Primary Responsibilities:
*Lead youth (grades 6 – 12) to become disciples of Jesus Christ through worship, study and service
*Develop a creative and comprehensive ministry for youth that includes Sunday mornings, Friday nights and special events (youth rally, mission projects/trips, fellowship events, fundraising events, etc.)
*Establish and maintain relationships/communications with youth and their families
*Recruit and train volunteers to assist with programming
* Plan fundraisers for the youth program
*Assist in yearly confirmation program (jointly with other UM churches in area)
SALARY: Commensurate, based on experience; housing provided as part of salary; benefits include utility allowance, health insurance, paid vacation, etc.
Send 1) resume, 2) letter sharing personal vision as a youth/contemporary worship leader and relevant personal experiences, and 3) three references to: Bethesdafirstname.lastname@example.org
Worship leading videos and YouTube links are welcome.
First review of applications will be June 15. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.