DEPARTMENT: Student Ministries
JOB TITLE: Director of Student Ministries
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor of Ministries
PURPOSE: The Director of Student Ministries is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision and strategy for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Student Ministries at Boynton Beach Community Church. Specifically, the Director of Student Ministries is responsible for Sunday morning classes (MS and HS), Middle School, High School Student evening meetings, outreach through First Priority Club at Somerset Charter School, seasonal programming, special events and missions experiences.
- Character: An applicant should be a mature Christian who matches the qualifications of spiritual leadership outlined in I Timothy 3.
- Calling: An applicant should possess a strong, personal sense of commitment to student ministry as a vocation.
- Compatibility: An applicant should fully embrace the vision, values and statement of faith of Boynton Beach Community Church.
- Gifting: An applicant should be an energetic, outgoing servant with a proven record of leadership, communication and ministry management. An application should be highly gifted at connecting with students and interacting with youth culture.
- Experience: An applicant should have experience and a proven track record in full time youth ministry; 3 years desired.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Bible, ministry or related field.
- Strong relational connectivity
- Proven leadership and teamwork capabilities
- Organization and planning; project management and fulfillment
- Technological proficiency
- Energetic teaching
- Discipleship, mentoring and counseling
- Strong interpersonal and written communication
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
To develop and provide leadership for a Student Ministries Team:
- Helps to develop and implement the vision for Student Ministries in collaboration with the Leadership Team
- Provides strategic leadership and planning for the Student Ministries Team
- Responsible for staffing, direction and training of a volunteer team
- Offers pastoral care and encouragement of Student Ministries students, families, and volunteers
- Responsible for budget and oversight
- Oversee the selection and implementation of curriculum
- Develop communication plans to keep staff, volunteers and students informed
- Manage communications between ministries that interact with Student Ministries
- Oversee and implement all programming for Student Ministries
- Coordinate special events, missions trips and outreach opportunities for Student Ministries
- Sponsor and support First Priority Club at Somerset Academy, a local charter school located next to the church campus
- Reports to Executive Pastor
- Supervises and directs Student Ministries staff and volunteers
- Works closely with all areas of ministries within BBCC
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Youth MinistryGaylord E-Free Church
- Gaylord, Michigan
- January 16
High School PastorMcKinney Memorial Bible Church
- Fort Worth, Texas
- January 16
Associate Pastor: Next Gen & WorshipCommunity Church of Hudson
- Hudson, Iowa
- January 16
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
Student PastorGreater Mt Zion Baptist Church
- Austin, Texas
- January 13