OAK POINTE CHURCH POSITION DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Pastor of Worship and Programming – Student Ministries
START DATE: Fall 2015
STATUS: Full Time
The Pastor of Worship and Programming – Student Ministries is responsible for all creative elements as they pertain to student ministry events, regular meetings, gatherings, etc… The position involves the regular leading of worship as well as the oversight
of all programming elements for student ministries. This position also involves the leading of worship for weekend services, per the request of the Pastor of Worship Arts.
The PWPSM reports to the Student Ministry Pastor (High School Pastor).
The PWPSM works most closely with the Student Ministry Pastors (Middle School and High School Pastors) and with the Pastor of Worship Arts for weekend services. This person will interface with the Creative and Programming staff as needed.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ: Loving God and loving others, exhibiting a desire to live in relationship with those within the church and without.
- Education: Bachelor preferred, but should possess strong skills in creative production and music.
- Experience: Must show an aptitude for live performance as well as creative production.
- Characteristics: Exhibits a Servant’s spirit and Christian character in the areas of integrity, dependability and perseverance. Innovative, self-starter, team builder, strong verbal and written communication, team player, proactive, detail oriented, and
ability to multitask.
- Skills: Strong musical and technical abilities, ability to lead teams, oversee initiatives, and matrix manage.
- Requirements: Membership or in process of membership at OPC. Affirmation of the vision and direction OPC.
- Responsible for all student ministry creative content and programming.
- Regularly leads worship for the Rock and 707 (conceptualizing, developing and executing the worship music for middle school and high school student ministry services).
- Lead worship and join in creative brainstorming for weekend services per the request of the Pastor of Worship Arts and receive ongoing coaching/mentoring from the Pastor of Worship Arts.
- To be a student of the current trends in the Creative Arts for Worship and Programming, modeling this passion in order to inspire others.
- Connects student ministry creative arts to the greater OPC creative arts (developing creative talent from within the student ministry, researching and implementing current music/creative elements/programming processes).
- Develops younger musicians from within the student ministries in order to prepare young people to lead worship.
- Provides additional shepherding to the general student population alongside the student ministry pastors.
Please provide links to audio and/or video samples.