The Director of Children’s Ministry will lead, plan, coordinate and supervise all Children’s Ministries, Pre-Kindergarten – 3rd grade. He or she will disciple and lead the children, parents, and volunteers by equipping them to take the next step
in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Apply Through the Church Website
Description of duties
- Directly oversee and develop Children’s Ministries (Pre-Kindergarten – 3rd). In addition there is a potential for the Director of Children’s Ministry to oversee 4th and 5th grade.
- Develop age appropriate teaching and programming for the weekend services.
- Develop additional programming outside of weekends that will connect with families and the Northern Colorado community. (ex. VBS, Sports Camps, Movie Nights, etc.)
- Provide relevance in the life of the children in the ministry and ensure alignment with the vision and mission of Foundations Church.
- Oversee, recruit, train, and supervise all volunteers in Children’s Ministries.
- Schedule, plan, and lead meetings with lay leaders for ministry.
- Lead and motivate ministry communication with children, parents, volunteers, and lay leaders to ensure communication and processes are working as designed.
- Explore, Experience, and Express the Gift of God’s Grace with
children, equipping them take the next step in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Create ministry annual budget needs for the submittal and inclusion into the overall church budget.
- Manage financial needs and expenses to ensure compliance with the ministry’s annual budget.
- Coordinate with other ministries to integrate consistency of presenting the vision and mission of Foundations Church.
Training and resources
- Attend workshops or conferences related to Christian Children’s Ministries, improving the effectiveness and depth of the ministry.
- Develop networking relationships with Children Ministry Directors in other churches similar to Foundations.
- Capitalize on continuing education opportunities.
Qualifications, skills, and gifts
- A personal, vibrant, and growing commitment to Jesus.
- Constant commitment to growing spiritually.
- Model Christ-like servant leadership.
- A sense of fun and adventure that lends itself to working with children.
- Concise and effective communication skills and writing skills.
- Diplomatic, productive, and positive people skills.
- Commitment to identifying, encouraging, and developing volunteers in ministry.
- Ability to motivate and empower people (staff and volunteers).
- Organizational and planning skills to support ministry.
- Strong teaching, planning, and training skills.
- Sensitivity for meeting the needs of the congregation.
- Bachelor’s degree required (with preferred studies in teaching or education).
- 3-5 years leadership experience in children’s ministry or related field.
- Gifts of teaching, leadership, encouragement, shepherding, and wisdom.