Job Title: Director of Student Ministries
Department: Student Ministry (STS)
Reports to: Director of Family Ministries
Prepared Date: April 15, 2015
The Director of Student Ministries oversees all aspects of the student ministry providing leadership, encouragement, and pastoral care to the team. He will spend the majority of his time investing in high school students and student ministry volunteers.
He will be responsible for implementing the philosophy of ministry as directed by Apostles leadership and directing and coordinating with the student ministry team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement vision for STS.
- Provide direction and leadership for the ministry by setting goals and providing vision.
- Work with STS staff to recruit and train volunteers for the ministry.
- Develop discipleship plan for STS and oversee discipleship groups and leaders.
- Lead a student leadership discipleship group.
- Provide upfront leadership on Sunday mornings through speaking, announcements, etc…
- Oversee and approve STS trips and retreats and lead as needed.
- Develop and encourage a model of student leadership. Meet regularly with leadership students and assist the Coordinators in training student leaders.
- Keep a consistent relationship with parents of 5th-12th grade students:
- Inform them of STS events and opportunities to be involved in the ministry.
- Be available to discuss any issues involving their children.
- Work under the supervision of the Director of Family Ministries to assure the seamless transition from Children’s Ministry to STS and from STS to College Ministry.
- Work to break down social barriers within the student ministry and reach out to students of various personalities and backgrounds.
- Develop relationships with local schools, especially those with close proximity to The Church of The Apostles.
- Work with Director of Administration to approve and maintain STS ministry budget.
Minimal educational requirement of an M-Div or equivalent experience. Minimum of 5 years experience in Student Ministry. Proven ability to: lead a team, keep a budget, and communicate to, reach out to, and disciple students, parents, and adult leaders. Membership
at The Church of The Apostles
This individual is growing spiritually and actively pursuing Christ. They are a servant leader. They lead by example. They are characterized by humility and integrity. They are affirming and encouraging. They are a clear communicator.