Join the staff of Centerville United Methodist Church as the paid, full-time Director of Children’s & Family Ministry. You will recruit, train and deploy great unpaid servant teams; and partner with parents to grow strong families and young followers of
Jesus Christ. You will also partner with our staff team to dream and implement church wide discipleship initiatives. Details and skill/experience requirements are contained in the full position description below. Interested candidates may submit their resume
to Pastor Tony Miltenberger via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Centerville UMC is proud to offer a competitive compensation package, vacation time and a culture that promotes personal growth.
- Ministry: Support and partner with parents in the spiritual formation of their children, training and equipping them to have discussions with and to teach their children about God’s love for them, what it means to be a follower of Christ,
and what it means to be part of a community of faith. Develop strong servants and the leadership staff by implementing dynamic recruiting, training, motivating and support systems that will in turn be able to equip young disciples for the service of Christ.
Work with and guide the selection of relevant curriculum for weekend and weeknight classes for children that teach biblical principles and truths appropriate for the various developmental levels present. Provide leadership for radical hospitality at all times
throughout the ministry for new visitors as well as regular attendee children and families. Promote growth through small group ministry for children. Create and deploy serving and mission experiences for children and for children with their families. Create
and nurture a safe sanctuary environment for children and their families where they experience the love of God most powerfully through the relationships they build with one another and with the larger community of faith. Be proactive in researching, reading
and learning about/from other successful children’s and family ministry initiatives across the country.
- Management: Coordinate with the team to ensure phone calls, emails, etc. for follow up receive a prompt and appropriate response. Work with the team to ensure bulletin announcements, newsletters and mailings, purchase orders, and other
communication/administrative projects proceed as needed. Oversee the department budget process and expenditures. Any additional duties as needed or directed pertinent to the position by the Lead Pastor.
- Personal: Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle. Considers this position a ministry, not just a job. Models standards and expectations of staff members within Centerville
UMC including worship attendance at Centerville UMC, growth through discipleship, lifestyle of tithing and generosity, and faithfully serving out of your call and giftedness.
- Education & Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in related field (or sufficient experience). Demonstrated experience in multiple-staff management and organization. Experience in a church setting with children’s/family ministry.
- Position Requirements: A mature Christian faith, evidence of the fruit of the spirit, and a continuing desire for spiritual growth. Able to provide vision and direction for all aspects of children’s and family ministry. A demonstrated passion
and commitment to the spiritual growth of children and their families. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, inspire, equip and encourage staff as well as adult servants. Pastoral heart for ministry with core value of confidentiality. Ability
to work as part of a larger “get it done” church staff team.
- Skills Required for Success: Excellent team-based leadership abilities Exceptional communication and organizational skills Understanding of child development and family dynamics Ability to work in and contribute to an overall staff “strengths-based”