Christian Fellowship Church of Ashburn, VA is currently looking to fill the position of Director of Middle School. The Middle School Director, as a member of the Student Ministry Staff, will be responsible for the development and direction of all middle
school (grades 6-8) events and programming.
- Have appropriate formal theology training in youth ministry or equivalent experience (Bachelor Degree preferred).
- Full time ministry experience preferred.
- Feel the calling of God to help youth develop a strong ethical background.
- Demonstrate a personal walk with the Lord Jesus Christ on a daily basis that would be a role model for youth.
- Must believe in the principles of faith of Christian Fellowship Church and the overall vision.
- Be familiar with principles for development of attractional and missional initiatives.
- Be proficient in use of social and multimedia and database management.
- Be able to work within existing Student Ministry organizational structure..
- Demonstrate the gifting of leadership and management specifically in the areas of organization, supervision, team building and communication with middle school students, their parents and volunteers.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate a gifting in encouragement and discernment.
- Should be familiar with concept and implementation of Orange curriculum.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the direction of the Middle School student ministries, casting vision, teaching and giving oversight to the formulation of the Middle School student programs and events.
- Work with Director of Student Ministry and High School Director to create cohesive direction of CFC’s student ministries; including vision casting and formulation of programming and events.
- If licensed participate in the administration of sacraments, worship service, spiritual counseling, teaching, baptisms and weddings/funerals as required.
- Serve as member of the CFC Leadership Team.
- With the Director of Student Ministry and Director of High School, recruit, train, and motivate leaders and sponsors for middle school ministry.
- Provide leadership, encouragement and oversight to the Middle School Student Ministry volunteers.
- Provide first contact and counsel to Middle School parents
- Develop community and support students through the attendance of non-church events to include organized sports events, school activities and other community events
- Create and stay within the Middle School budget.
- Collaborate with other ministries within and outside of the church to develop synergy and networking.