Job Title: Associate Minister
Position Reports To: Elders and Lead Minister
Last Revised: 6/07/15
We are a family of missionary servants, sent as disciples to make disciples
This is a full-time ministry position focusing on the Student Ministry of FCC. We are
seeking a skilled, enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to lead Middle
School and High School discipleship and mentor a team of youth leaders who take
ownership in the Ministry.
The following list represents the major tasks/responsibilities required of this position.
Other duties may be assigned at the leadership's discretion when conditions demand.
1. Above all, the Associate Minister must keep the mission and focus of FCC in mind
at all times, eager to serve in any capacity, consistently leading by example as a
missionary servant, making disciples—regardless of ministry specialty.
2. Provide leadership and serve as the point person in carrying out consistent, intentional
activities for Student Ministry.
3. Enlist, equip, encourage, empower and evaluate those desiring to become involved
and those currently involved in Student Ministry leadership and teaching.
4. Teach adults, or students on an ongoing basis in Sunday school, youth group or
5. Be involved in a small group on an regular basis.
6. Work with the Lead Minister, Children’s Leader and others to shape the discipleship
process of First Church of Christ.
7. Develop personal, discipling relationships with the youth and their families
through visitation and time spent together. Mentor others in methods of discipleship.
Disciples make disciples.
8. Assist in the visitation and follow-up with all local guests in a timely manner.
9. Assist Lead Minister with visitation of shut ins, especially in the area of Students
and their families. Visit the sick or hospitalized, respond to emergency situations
and be available for deaths and funerals of church members or their families.
10.Provide monthly reports that give progress updates on projects, programs, and visitations.
11.Create an annual calendar for student ministry activities, sponsor responsibilities
12.Keep the congregation informed of specific ministry activities through announcements,
posters, newsletters, website, weekly bulletins, and any other Church publications.
Activities need to be announced in a timely manner.
13.Preach as needed.
14.Promote Central Iowa Bible Camp through attending and providing leadership to
camp activities. Attend up to two weeks of camp per year.
The ideal candidate will posses the following qualifications and skills:
1. From the Restoration Movement/Christian Churches/Churches of Christ
2. Strong team building and leadership skills to teach, delegate and motivate others.
3. Strong computer, digital AV, and social media skills (including Mac OS X and ProPresenter)
4. A Bible College degree.
5. Demonstrable experience in leading Students and working well with other team
Candidates who are interested in this position should take the following steps:
1. Submit a resume including a picture to email@example.com.
2. Submit ministry/leadership references and character references.
3. Upon successful submission of these items, candidates can expect a follow up email
with an outline for the next steps.