Director of Middle School Ministries
Alpharetta First United Methodist Church is seeking a dynamic, Christ-centered individual to help lead the Youth Ministries program of the church.
Alpharetta Methodist is a vibrant family of faith (1,400+ average weekly attendance) located in a fast growing northern suburb of Atlanta. The youth ministry staff is comprised of the Director of Youth Ministries, a full-time Director of Middle School, a
part time Youth Ministries Assistant, a part-time Youth Praise Band Leader, dedicated adult volunteers and 100+ active youth.
The Director of Middle School Ministries will oversee the middle school student ministry (6th through 8thth grades), and will also function much like an Assistant Youth Director position with certain combined programming.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- A solid commitment to Jesus Christ
- A heart for youth and a passion for youth ministry
- Ability to build strong relationships with students and parents
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to personal, ongoing theological studies
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An energetic, flexible and team-player spirit
- A clear understanding and belief in the United Methodist doctrine
- Experience in leading youth activities for large groups
- Willingness to live in Alpharetta or surrounding community
- Availability to work flexible hours
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required (Youth Ministries or related degree)
- 3-5 years experience working in youth related environment
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Alpharetta Methodist provides an excellent benefits package including continuing education opportunities and retirement plan.
Please tell us a little bit about yourself in this questionnaire:
No relocation package is offered.
Submit resumé will by August 20, 2015 to:
Wayne Ledbetter, director of HR and Facilities:
AFUMC, Attn. Wayne Ledbetter, 69 North Main Street, Alpharetta, GA 30009
Faxed: (770) 521-8787