To provide leadership and coordination of the Children’s Music ministry program including all children’s choirs and musical events. Under the direction of the Director of Classic Worship, the Children’s Music Director will work to strengthen, grow and educate participants in the children’s music program at Christ Church.
POSITION FOCUS: Program Services - Worship Services and Sunday School (KidZone)
Part-time (12 hours/week)
- Sundays 8:30am-12:00pm
- Wednesdays 6:15-7:15pm
- Additional on-site and off-site planning hours as needed
Reports to: Classic Worship Director
- Direct Acorn Choir (K through grade 2)
- Direct Kids of the Kingdom Choir (grade 3-5)
- Establish and direct new “Oak” Choir (grade 6-8)
- Select appropriate repertoire (music library and some budgetary provision available) for each choir
- Prepare each choir to sing once per quarter in both Classic and Contemporary services (to be coordinated with Worship Directors in August of each year)
- Prepare all choirs to sing at various special services and events throughout the Church year, including:
- All choirs: Thanksgiving Day service
- All choirs: spring musical or large-scale special event
- Acorn Choir: Spirit Village Alternative Market (Missions event)
- Acorn and Kids of the Kingdom Choirs: Family Christmas Eve Service
- Kids of the Kingdom and Oak Choirs: CarolFest Christmas Concert
- Kids of the Kingdom and Oak Choirs: Palm Sunday in Classic Services
- Recruit assistant directors, volunteer team and rehearsal accompanist (if not piano proficient) from within the church community to properly supervise and teach all choirs in accordance with the Child Protection Policy
- Be in regular communication with the Family Team and Children’s Ministry department to collaboratively implement more singing into the Sunday school (KidZone) curriculum throughout the Church year
- Desire to continuously learn and serve others.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Integrity for work habits and results.
- Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively.
- Appreciation for own and other’s giftedness.
- Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character.
- Able to keep high degree of confidentiality.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Approachable and accessible.
Skills and Talents
- Possess good musical, oral and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure.
- Begin and end projects within reasonable timeframe.
- Self-starter needing minimal supervision.
- Works well with others and within a team.
- Creative, innovative and intuitive.
- Ability to anticipate and identify issues and propose recommended solutions.
- Communicate proactively and well with parents/guardians
- Bachelor Degree in Music Education, Pedagogy or Performance preferred.
- Substantial experience with children’s choir required.
- Basic piano proficiency desired.
- Church/Ministry experience desired.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Director of MusicOur Savior Lutheran Church
- Livermore, California
- September 25
Student and Children's Worship PastorGrace Point Church
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- September 24
Contemporary Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church
- LaGrange, Georgia
- September 23
Director of Music MinistryLiving Christ Lutheran Church
- Arlington Heights, Illinois
- September 23