Castine is a rural ministry located near Arcanum Ohio.
Pastor To The Next Generation
The role of the Pastor to the Next Generation is to lead a ministry that builds high-volume students who become life-long, fully-surrendered, followers of Jesus. A high-volume student is one who is increasingly growing in his vertical relationship with
God (intimacy with God), horizontal relationship with other believers (community with insiders), and horizontal relationship with lost people (influence with outsiders). To build this ministry, he must facilitate the programing of gatherings, special events,
mission encounters, etc. that serve the mission of the ministry. He must disciple, equip, and release into ministry adult and student leaders who will be used by God to disciple others. The Next Gen ministry includes young people 7th grade through approximately
Next Gen Ministry Responsibilities:
- To develop and implement midweek and weekend ministries designed as outreach and spiritual development for Jr. and Sr. High students and young adults
- To identify and develop adult volunteer leaders as a means of providing depth and variety of teaching and mentoring as well as a broad base of support for weekend, midweek, missions, retreats, and Next Gen ministry activities
- To identify and develop student leadership, and to discern the means by which to provide personal growth opportunities, such as internships, involvement in ministry planning, etc.
- To establish and maintain contacts within the local schools, Christian colleges, and among extended ministries to ensure competency and understanding as related to ministering in the ever-changing student cultures.
- To establish and maintain partnerships with other local ministries to greater engage in the work of God in our region and expose our young people to other aspects of His kingdom.
- To expose students and young adults to experiential growth opportunities through local service and missions that will bring the love of Christ to those who are in need.
- To grow in better understanding and minister to special needs within this ministry area.
It is expected that the Pastor to the Next Generation will devote 40-45 hours per week to the accomplishment of this position description. It is understood that this time commitment will vary greatly with ministry seasons and specific needs.