As the Kids Ministry Pastor, you are responsible for the implementation of vision and strategy for children birth-5th grade. It is your responsibility to lead the KM staff team to create the environments where children will connect to God and others. You will partner with parents to help children grow together in Christ and live compassionately in the world. This includes leadership development and support, communication, ministry planning, content, and overall management of the ministry. Our model is small group centric and includes large group experiences that lead to small group connection.
A key to success will be recruiting, equipping and inspiring adult and student leaders to disciple children at all levels. In addition, the Kids Ministry Pastor will be responsible for building both a staff and volunteer team ready to execute the NextGen discipleship pathway and connect with parents.
CORE RESPOBSIBILITIES: Christ
- Disciple Making. Implement the NextGen pathway for children birth to 5th grade that begins for the pre-Christian and leads to discipling young believers
- Worship. Develop dynamic weekend worship experiences including contemporary worship and relevant Bible teaching that is age appropriate.
- Mentor. Develop small group experiences for kids in addition to the large group worship/teaching times. Create opportunities for adults and mature students to mentor kids in the faith.
- Reach. Establish both missional and attractional outreach strategies for reaching kids in the community
- Serve. Create age appropriate opportunities for kids to show generous compassion and invite friends to faith environments
Leave a legacy
- Equip. Recruit and equip volunteers to be ministers to kids
- Leader Making. Develop volunteers and students into ministry leaders to accomplish the mission, vision, and values
Implement the NextGen Pathway for Kids from birth through 5th grade
- Recruit, train and motivate volunteers for leadership in the Kids Ministry program
- Review and select curriculum materials and educational tools for KM programming
- Establish goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, managing the use of facilities, planning appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluating progress
Develop Leadership Team
Lead Volunteer and Paid staff leadership to be a high functioning ministry team
- Duplicate leadership by giving leadership away
- Develop committed small group leaders that shepherd kids and invest in parents
- Create and lead a team to coordinate all KM large group experiences
- Teach, support, care and direct volunteer teams
- Meet regularly to communicate, hold accountable and coordinate ministry goals with KM teams
- Create a high functioning team where volunteers are developed and leaders are deployed
Inspire movement that lead to kids and families serving, new people invited, and new leaders leading
- Build a team of volunteer leaders to lead these events
- Develop and coordinate overnight summer camp
- Assist in planning of key outreach events
Creativity/Innovation. Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, and solves problems creatively.
Leadership. Leads through change and adversity, makes the tough call when needed, builds consensus when appropriate, motivates and encourages others.
Organizational Savvy. Operates within the organization’s formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others’ roles and perspectives, can sell projects and ideas across the organization.
People Development. Provides feedback and coaching, rewards hard work and risk taking, takes mentoring role, challenges and develops employees, accepts mistakes, provides visibility/opportunity.
Results Oriented. Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes talks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
Strategic Thinking/Management. Creates and communicates a long-term vision, balances short and long term goals, keeps own and team’s work aligned with overall goals of the church, understands the culture and can predict change, is student of church health and growth from leaders and teachers of our day, creates and adjusts strategic plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years experience leading teams in a structured ministry environment with a record of equipping and empowering ministry teams
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of Kids Ministry
- Demonstrated ability to create age appropriate environments for kids
ABOUT NORTHEAST BIBLE CHURCH:
Northeast sits on the northeast side of San Antonio primarily reaching families in the communities of Schertz, Cibolo, Garden Ridge, and New Braunfels. Northeast sees lots of young families coming to the area for the military and the constant influx of jobs with large companies moving to south Texas. The northeast side of San Antonio is one of the fastest growing areas in Texas. The Kids Ministry of Northeast has a unique opportunity to reach kids and families at a growing rate. The staff has worked hard to create a healthy and sustainable staff culture where learning and development thrive. This is an exciting opportunity to join the NextGen team at Northeast. For more information about who we are, head to www.northeastbiblechurch.com where you can experience our messages, learn about our staff and much more.
Send your resume along with a recent photo and cover letter to email@example.com
*To help in the interview process, please include any teaching videos or videos of large group experiences you have created/supervised.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
- lakeland, Florida
- January 18
Children's Ministry DirectorNew Life Bible Fellowship
- Tucson, Arizona
- January 17
Director of Children's MinistryTrinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
Northeast Bible Church
Everything we do at Northeast reflects our passion to help people connect to Christ, commit to community and become catalysts for compassion both locally and globally. Simply put, we believe God has placed us here with a purpose. We're not perfect, but we serve a perfect God and we hope our passion reflects not only our love for Him but His love for the world.More...