The Young Adult Ministries Leader is a shepherding role within the collaborative leadership team of First United Methodist Church of Crystal Lake with particular focus on adults aged 22-45 and their families. Within the overall mission of First Church and
in line with the recommendations of the Vision Team approved by the Leadership Team and Annual Church Conference, the Young Adult Ministries Leader initiates ministries and develops teams to reach, welcome, disciple, and equip the next generation of the First
Church community to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
To build social and spiritual connections within and among the 22-45 year olds and the larger First Church community in order to share faith in Christ and invite others to become part of the Jesus Mission, to be a catalyst for developing social community
within the families of the 22-45 year old cohort, to provide for practical instruction in areas of healthy relationships, use of money and power, and transformative Biblical engagement; to help equip others for effective witness and service. In addition, the
Young Adult Ministries Leader also carries with the rest of the staff an overall concern and support for the well-being of the entire congregation and its mission.
- Serve as primary architect, in consultation with the Lead Pastor and Director of Worship, for the Ignite Worship Service on a weekly basis.
- Develop worship teams and lead worship in the Ignite Worship Service each week.
- Participate in planning for further development in the corporate worship life of First Church
- Initiate and implement an ongoing ministry of small groups with a goal of three healthy small groups in the first twelve months.
- Collaborate with other leadership team members to provide opportunities for marriage enrichment, parenting education, short-term mission teams, caring ministries, and other opportunities for Christian spiritual growth in a multi-generational community of
- Preaching/teaching as appropriate and fitting within the larger congregational life of First Church.
For full version of ministry decription, contact email@example.com