Job Description: Pastor of Ministry Implementation
Our vision is to create disciples who learn to live and love like Jesus where they live, work, and play. The role of the Pastor of Ministry Implementation is to help walk this vision into reality. LBCF’s Pastor of Ministry Implementation oversees key ministry
areas within our community and works closely with our Lead Pastor (Pastor of Vision and Teaching) to develop a vibrant, dynamic, emotionally-healthy context for staff leadership at LBCF.
Specific Areas of Focus
1. Work with our Children’s Ministry, Youth Ministry, and Marriage and Family Ministry to develop and implement a coherent strategic vision plan and directly oversee our Wise Kid’s Children’s Ministry Coordinator.
2. Oversee the management of specific LBCF ministries, which, though requiring strong organizational and administrative skills, is largely a relational, pastoral role.
3. Help develop a Biblical Literacy/Gospel Fluency Curriculum to Augment our Discipleship Group (Including Hebrew Bible (Old Testament), New Testament, Early Church, and Christian Thought Components).
Specific Job Responsibilities Within and Beyond These Focuses
- Meet with our Pastor of Vision and Teaching on a regular basis to discuss all critical issues facing LBCF.
- Help lead staff meetings and other activities and assist staff and key leaders into developing the character, leadership, and strategic thinking necessary to implement vibrant, Spirit-led vision.
- Uphold the standards of Biblical pastoring, including serving with excellence and integrity.
- Oversee a consistent, generous, and responsible implementation of staff policies and management procedures (e.g. vacation schedule, employee reviews, etc.)
- Oversee the direct management of LBCF’s finances, including the budgeting process and day-to-day policies, in order to create a culture of wise, responsible, and integrity-driven stewardship.
- Answer emails and all other communications promptly.
- Provide pastoral guidance, care, and mediation to both church members, attendees, volunteer leaders, and support staff regularly and when and as needed.
- Assist in leading Sunday morning gatherings and in our teaching ministries.
- Keep commitments made at installation to maintain a holistic lifestyle contra the pressures and stressors of pastoring (e.g., a healthy lifestyle, etc.).
Competencies & Expectations
- Learn to live and love as a disciple of Jesus in a growing relationship with God evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of LBCF.
- Ability to work with and support the staff and the Pastor of Vision and Teaching.
- Biblical knowledge and, ideally, a passion for Biblical teaching.
- Proven expertise in administration.
- Be a reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and be excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with coworkers and volunteers.
- Help create a culture of discipleship that creates followers of Jesus who are rooted in the love and grace of God, filled with the Holy Spirit through listening and obedience, and focused on loving those that God has given them to know and serve, to the
glory of God and for the furtherance of His Kingdom.
- Hours: 40+ per week
- Reports to: Pastor of Vision and Teaching
- Salary Details available on request
- Benefit Package will include Health, Dental, Vision, Cell Phone, 403b Plan and Match.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.