Blue Mountain Community Church Creative Arts Pastor Job Description
The Creative Arts Pastor will:
- Maintain a healthy vibrant spiritual life, marriage (if married), and working relationship with other pastors and volunteer staff.
- Develop and oversee worship arts teams including both bands & tech teams.
- Plan and oversee various aspects of worship ensuring that they fall in line with the Ethos of BMCC.
- Oversee various expressions of creative arts such as art shows, dramas and other related artistic interpretations again ensuring that they fall in line with the Ethos of BMCC.
- Run the weekly worship planning meetings including the scheduling of both lay and pastoral staff on a weekly basis.
- Oversee the scheduling for tech teams for weddings, funerals, Ark Preschool programs and various other special events
- Work closely with the other pastoral and support staff in a team environment on various projects and ministry incentives.
- Serve in various traditional associate pastor roles such as on a hospital visitation rotation.
- Keep scheduled office hours and maintain a line of communication when work is being done outside of the office.
- Agree to and live by the standards lined out in the “Pastoral Staff Expectation Policy.”
- Pursue licensing and ordination if not yet ordained.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Participate in Leadership Development trainings.
- Develop the Creative Arts budget and manage expenses associated with that budget.
- Be fiscally responsible both with church funds and in their own personal affairs.
- Oversee maintenance & replacement of sound & lighting equipment
- Give generously to the work of the church noting that the minimum expectation is a tithe of (10%).
- The Creative Arts Pastor will have freedom to set and work toward his/her own goals as agreed to with the Lead Pastor. Success in this position requires that this pastor be a self-starter. This position reports directly to the Lead Pastor.