Bethel Church is a leading church in its region, known for solid Biblical teaching, vibrant worship, and a strong commitment to ministering to the whole family. Our “Live” worship service venue tends to be band-led but employs a variety of art forms including video, drama, visual art, and a variety of musical styles including both modern and traditional. “Live” features a large and healthy choral and orchestral ministry. This service is also broadcast via live web stream. In addition, we host a “Traditions” venue with traditional hymns and video sermon. Bethel Worship Ministries has a strong history of creating original Broadway style productions and plans to continue that pursuit in the years to come. Bethel also hosts the Valley Worship Arts Conference, a conference created and organized by Bethel Worship Ministries that most recently ministered to around 400 worship artists from around the region through a one-day worship conference.
The Technical Director plans, directs and supervises the use of audio, video, and theatrical lighting technology at Bethel Church, providing industry standard expertise, directional leadership, and team-building experience, with special emphasis on aiding worship ministries in the implementation of worship-oriented technology.
- Develops effective volunteer production team to facilitate audio-visual technology needs throughout all of Bethel’s ministries and complex.
- Oversees professional implementation of technology during live worship events. Facilitates professional implementation of technology throughout the Bethel complex and its related ministries.
- Oversees post-production efforts regarding everything from weekly radio broadcasts to miscellaneous media (DVDs, CDs, webstream, video pieces, etc.).
- Ensures industry standard maintenance and development of technology equipment.
Work Schedule and Status
- Tax Exempt, Full Time (at least 40 hours per week)
- There will be some special events or projects that require deviation from normal fixed schedule. These are determined with the worship pastor on an as-needed basis.
- Typical night schedule involves Wednesday and Thursday nights during the school year, as well as up to one other evening possible. During the summer, all rehearsals are typically on Wednesday nights, except for some occasions where alternate evening rehearsals are necessary due to other events in the Worship Center. Occasionally, for large worship ministries productions, which occur about once a year, more evenings will be required.
- There is a degree of flexibility in the time of day worked due to calendar events; however, the work must be completed within the allotted time as agreed upon with the Worship Pastor.
Skills and Talents
- Ability to recruit, teach, and coach others.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and ability to work well with others and within a team.
- Working knowledge and experience with audio and visual equipment.
- Knowledge of live audio, video and lighting.
- Knowledge of post-production audio and video.
- Knowledge of current trends in church-based technology.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Displays flexibility and willingness to adapt to needs within the constraints of time and other responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and maintain composure under pressure.
- Creative and innovative.
- Strong teambuilding skills.
- Energized by non-routine assignments.
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Self-starter needing minimal supervision.
- Desire to function as a resource ministry.
- Begin and end projects within reasonable time frame.
Education and Experience
- Helpful to have some post-high school coursework in computers, audio/video technology, or related fields
- 2 years hands-on experience.
- Has had exposure to the needs and implementation of technology within worship, ministry, and communications.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Communications DirectorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- January 13
Worship & Creative Arts DirectorRadiant Church
- Ludington, Michigan
- January 13
Audio/Visual TechnicianSecond Presbyterian Church
- Bloomington, Illinois
- January 13
Audio Director: FOH EngineerSlingshot Group
- Irvine, California
- January 11
Worship LeaderGenerations Christian Church
- Trinity, Florida
- January 11
Bethel Church is a leading church in its area, known for solid Biblical teaching, vibrant worship, a strong commitment to ministering to the whole family, and resourcing the entire region for Kingdom purposes. It is a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America and has been in existence for well over a century. More...