First Baptist Church of Central Florida & Central Florida Christian Academy
- The Director of Communication will have a heart for the local church and Christian school, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, and a passion to use communication skills to reach others.
- A degree in communications, media, or a related field is preferred; as well as proficiency in Creative Suite programs such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Must have at least five (5) years’ experience in a communications/marketing or director’s role.
II. PRINCIPAL FUNCTION
The Director of Communications should communicate clearly and succinctly, be passionate about the church and school they serve and be savvy in the world of technology. The main function of this position is to manage all aspects of church and school communication,
giving oversight to website management, graphic design, social media, video production, and all other forms of communication. The Director of Communications is a brand advocate – one who monitors, shapes and protects the name and identity of the church and
school for which they work and serve.
- Responsible for managing and directing internal and external communications for the church and school.
- Works to create communication strategies and serves as the key spokesperson and media contact for the organization.
- Reports to the senior pastor, executive pastoral team, and school administrator on all communication work and advises all staff on communication strategies.
- Focuses on the oversight and execution of the following:
- Web – leads all efforts related to the creation, development and maintenance of the church’s and school’s primary and secondary websites; ensures the content is fresh and relevant.
- Promotions – creates communication strategies to market, inform and promote church and school activities, studies, teaching series, big events and other campaigns
- Social Media – manages ongoing social media messages; works to creatively build followings on various social media outlets
- Design & Brand Management – leads efforts to maintain a high level of quality, creativity, and consistency regarding the look and feel of all materials representing the church and school. This includes all first impressions, signage, etc.
through the church and school campus and parking lot.
i. Supervises and tasks all staff (Media Director, Assistant Media Director, and Graphic Designer) responsible for communication elements, including in-house videos, media elements
for services, conferences, productions, announcement slides, mailers, etc.
ii. Creates positive relationships with local and national media; oversees efforts related to securing or responding to media attention and all other public relations.
- f. General
i. Assists all ministerial and school staff with communication issues and details.
ii. Performs other duties as assigned, in keeping with the principal function of the Director of Communications.