Middle School Student Pastor - Full-Time
If your heart is to lead, train and develop a Ministry for Middle School Students, then consider applying for this Middle School Student Pastor position. Christian Life Center is a growing church with an average attendance of 2500 located just north of Dayton, Ohio
at the "Crossroads of America". We have just completed an expansion to our main campus that includes a 1900+ seat sanctuary. In addition to our main campus, CLC has three other campuses located in the greater Dayton area.
To apply, please go directly to our website at
www.clcdayton.com and look under Resources and Employment @ CLC. There you will find a copy of the job description and an application to be completed. Information should be submitted to Gerry Pass at email@example.com.
- B.A. preferred
- 2 to 3 years experience
- Ordained or licensed minister with Assemblies of God or willing to pursue
- CLC’s Middle School Student Pastor will be charged with achieving the purpose of our Middle School Ministry and producing results through the Strategic Ministry Priorities
- Provide relevant weekly and midweek teaching to Middle School students that equip students to grow in grace and in knowledge of Biblical principles, Biblical literacy, Biblical world-view, apologetics, Christian morality and productive Christian living
- Create Small Group opportunities for Middle School Students to connect with one another and adult leaders in order to establish accountability, enhance discipleship training and grow spiritually
- Facilitate a class or curriculum for new believers to be assimilated into the knowledge of Christ and the community life of CLC
- Provide retreat opportunities (on/off site) in order for Middle School Students to go deeper in their relationship with Christ.
- Investigate, implement and evaluate church-wide curriculum (i.e., Orange), where appropriate, for Middle School Student Ministries
- Create a relevant worship environment that allows Middle School Students to experience God’s presence in a meaningful, powerful and personal way
- Integrate media and creative arts as a part of weekly teaching and services
- Develop and oversee worship/creative arts teams that should primarily consist of Middle School Students
- Collaborate with CLC’s Worship and Creative Arts Department to assure consistency in the quality of the Middle School Student Ministry worship experience and use of media/technology equipment
- Sponsor regularly scheduled events that connect Middle School Students relationally with one another, its leaders, and with CLC as a whole.
- Sponsor events that allow Middle School Students to connect their non-churched friends
- Assist students in identifying their gifts/skills and help them connect with serving opportunities within Middle School Ministries and CLC as a whole or the broader community
- Identify opportunities for Middle School Ministries to participate in church-wide outreach events
- Recruit, train, develop and empower adult lay-leaders within Middle School Student Ministries
- Identify, develop and engage Middle School Student Leaders
- Equip parents in order that they may connect more effectively with their students and lead their children in the knowledge and instruction of the Lord. Provide counseling/interventions as needed
- Collaborate with campus pastors to support the Middle School Ministries programming across CLC campuses
- Coordinate CLC participation in summer camps, conventions, etc.
- Connect with Middle School Students in our local community/schools (to the extent possible) to build relationships and increase the impact/visibility of our Middle School Student Ministry and CLC
- Provide ongoing opportunities for Middle School Students to participate in missions – locally, domestically and abroad
- Write an annual Strategic Ministry Plan, set goals, continually evaluate ongoing performance against the goals and provide a status report on a quarterly basis
- Develop an annual budget for Middle School Student Ministry and manage expenses in accordance with the budget
- Integrate and advocate for Middle School Student Ministry with other CLC Ministries and senior leadership
- Meet regularly with the Middle School Student Ministry Advisory Team to give updates on SMP activity, evaluate performance against SMP goals, and request assistance/guidance as necessary
- Collaborate with Ohio Student Ministries and connect CLC’s Middle School Ministry with Ohio Ministry Network events