CHURCH SUMMARY: Highpoint Church is a church of 800 attendees located in Aurora, Colorado with two very different locations in the city. Thy are seeking a part-time Spanish speaking Children’s director for their satellite location in urban Aurora. The
church has a an aggressive approach to achieving four simple values. Highpoint’s main campus moved into their new facility in southeast Aurora nearly three years ago and has experienced healthy growth. The church launched a second location called, “Highpoint@Colfax”
with a focus on at-risk elementary kids which has had explosive growth in the last year and is needing a part-time Children’s Director to oversee Sunday kids ministry, existing volunteers and future outreach in the target area.
Highpoint@Colfax is a weekly faith-based program that gives children the moral and emotional tools to escape poverty. The program is held each Sunday at a local elementary school deep in the heart of Aurora’s urban corridor. The program consists of a healthy
hot breakfast, kids games, small-group activities, and a large-group presentation that focuses on developing character, perseverance and hope.
The secondary campus is an outreach to over 100 urban children and their parents, with the best equipment, onsite storage, existing budget, over 80 rotating volunteers and massive buy-in from the Lead Pastor who birthed the ministry.
A more detailed description of the scope of ministry can be accessed at:
POSITION SUMMARY: The Colfax Children’s Director serves the church by overseeing the entire Children’s ministry of Highpoint@Colfax. We are seeking a Spanish speaking person who is creative, collaborative, organized and has a passion for children in poverty.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: Core responsibilities include…
• Supervise Sunday ministry and volunteers by fulfilling the existing ministry focus to the target area. The Lead Pastor is very passionate about this ministry and personally recruits most of the 80 member volunteer team.
• Schedule, screen and communicate with workers who serve in this ministry.
• Oversee Sunday morning check-in procedures for families
• Serve on the main campus staff, participate in weekly Ministry Team meetings and continue to facilitate a spirit of unity between the two campus.
• General ministry roles, such as hospital visitation, guest follow-up and connection with families from that location.
• Coordinate and cooperate with the existing ministry and leadership providing food to the same families called, Highpoint Food Group.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor
PERSONAL & SPIRITUAL GROWTH: Essential qualities include…
• Passion for children: A person with a passion for working with children and connected to kid culture.
• Spanish speaking: A person who is fluent in Spanish and can teach and communicate easily in that language.
• People person: A person that is naturally drawn to and able to relate to both children and adults.
• Humility: A person who is able to work as a team, collaborate, is teachable and willing to learn the culture of our church and community.
• Committed: A person who is loyal and dedicated to the Highpoint mission, values and leadership.
• Spiritually mature: A person who is consistent and has a long-term track record of Christ-like behavior.
• Effective communicator: A person gifted in communicating with children and volunteers.
REMUNERATION: The salary package for this position is $20,000 a year and includes a work computer, office space and cell phone. This does not include the miniseries-operating budget which is already provided for.
If interested, please contact Highpoint Church c/o Gene Roncone at email@example.com
A more detailed description of the scope of ministry can be accessed by texting the word “TOOLS” to 74574