Title: Children's Director, Birth-Age 2
Reports to: Children’s Ministries Director, with oversight from the Executive Pastor
Summary: All activities in this position begin with prayer and are guided by the Word of God and the Holy Spirit. This position is responsible to guide and direct activities for children (birth-age 2), while providing practical strategies and resources to build healthy families.
Position Overview: Full Time
The Director of Early Childhood will take the lead role in ensuring that clear vision is cast for the ministry, and programs are implemented to achieve its mission. In particular, this person will be responsible for ministry planning, program/curriculum selection and development, volunteer recruitment, training and communication, staff management and development, parent communication and partnership, child safety and security and special event planning. He/she is also responsible for partnering with other staff members and pastoral leadership of Grace Covenant Church to ensure that the vision and direction of our Children’s Ministry is aligned with that of the church as a whole.
- Tenaciously pursue the heart and direction of God.
- Fully support the Senior Pastor's vision and direction.
- Develop ministry goals in partnership with the Children’s Ministry Director.
- Strive to work together as a team at all times, viewing departmental responsibility as one portion of a greater whole.
- Welcome feedback supervisors, peers and volunteers.
- Work to resolve conflicts and issues with love, mutual respect and Christ-like behavior.
- Pursue a lifestyle of personal growth in spiritual relationship, family, ministry and leadership.
- Tithe consistently in obedience to God’s Word.
- Pursue ongoing educational development.
Serve in a manner consistent with Staff Core Values as follows:
- We live in constant awareness of our need for God.
- We live with integrity…we say what we do, do what we say and do the right thing.
- We base decisions in generosity, not scarcity.
- We are equally significant - in value, not authority.
- We foster loving, grace-filled relationships with one another.
- We address points of offense right away.
- We value one another’s time.
- We seek God first, then serve.
- We are building people, not a church structure.
- We serve with gratitude and a positive attitude.
- When serving others, we go the extra mile and strive to reach win-win solutions.
- We serve with a spirit of excellence, not perfection.
- Collaborate with lay (compensated and volunteer) leaders to formulate and refine comprehensive, Biblically-based strategies for Biblical relevancy to children’s lives.
- Collaborate with other student ministries to develop and implement a coordinated plan for long-term spiritual growth and discipleship of children of all ages.
- Collaborate with other student ministries to develop and implement equipping resources for parents.
- Consult with families concerning parent-child relational issues, as needed.
- Adequately staff each service throughout the week with trained and qualified leaders according to the Grace Covenant Children’s Ministry Guidelines. This includes all Sunday am services, Monday Night, Wednesday Night and also Tuesday and Thursday mornings throughout the school year for Morning Grace (Women’s Ministry).
- Support other ministries by providing quality children’s ministry (birth-age 2) for special events. Childcare for special events are paid positions.
- Effectively communicate the Church’s vision, goals, and plans relative to children’s ministries.
- Attend all meetings and retreats of the Children’s Ministries staff to plan and coordinate ministry activities and promote team-oriented ministry. Exceptions require Children’s Ministries Director’s approval.
- Cooperate actively with other staff pastors and ministries to pursue accomplishment of all Grace Covenant ministry goals, as approved by the Church Council.
- Assist in developing and implementing annual plans and budgets for all assigned areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate all annual departmental plans and budgets with long-range plans approved by the church administration and Church Council.
- Respond promptly to crisis intervention (i.e. bereavement, family issues, etc.), as warranted.
- Serve as a ministry resource to peers, as warranted.
B. Planning and Budgeting
Cooperate with the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor, and Director of Children’s Ministry in active support of Grace Covenant as an Ephesians 4 “equipping” church, providing leadership within area of ministry responsibility.
- Provide training, leadership and supervisory oversight to children’s ministry coaches, volunteers and Ministry Assistant.
- Meet regularly with ministry leaders for mentoring, accountability and support.
- Ensure the conducting of background checks for each departmental worker/volunteer, ensuring safety/security for ministry participants.
- Advocate for children’s ministries of Grace Covenant Church.
- Identify, equip and release leaders in ministry.
- Respond within 24 hours to phone calls and promptly to letters and/or emails related to areas of ministry oversight.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or relevant practical experience required. Biblical and/or theological degree/discipline preferred.
Experience: At least 2-5 years directing and leading others required. Church staff participation and/or leading or developing a new ministry preferred. Teaching experience desirable.
Skills: Excellent relational skills required. Good overall health and physical mobility required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of church database systems is also preferred.
Faith/Support: Requirements include saving faith in Jesus Christ, being filled with the Holy Spirit and commitment to the Grace Covenant Church mission, core values and essentials of faith.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's MinistryFellowship Bible Church of the Ozarks
- Rogersville, Missouri
- December 10
Children's PastorSouthhills Church
- Corona, California
- December 9
Director of Children's & Student MinistriesFour Mile Presbyterian Church
- Beaver, Pennsylvania
- December 9
Elementary DirectorWestwood Community Church
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- December 8
Early Childhood DirectorWestwood Community Church
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- December 8