Has an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ and a servant heart. Lives a positive, exemplary lifestyle. Is teachable, a person of integrity and trustworthiness, with a great work ethic.
Possesses the spiritual gifts of leadership, teaching and administration.
- Set strategy and priorities for worship ministry, in the total life of the church.
- Foster an awareness of God’s presence and the moving of the Holy Spirit.
- Develop a modern musical, celebrative atmosphere at CBC and champion worship throughout the ministries of the church.
- Build teams of volunteers to serve on the platform and sound booth areas.
- Choose a Service Programming Coordinator [SPC] to oversee the Sunday services.
- Plan, coordinate, rehearse and lead the Sunday services in conjunction with the pastor’s service themes and topics and also working with the SPC.
- Lead worship services at least half time. When not leading, participate in planning and music selection to maintain continuity and high standard of quality.
- Set worship team and sound [and lights] schedules in conjunction with the Easy Worship schedule.
- Develop and oversee the drama ministry.
- Manage the worship budget – care of equipment, new purchases, selling out-dated equipment, honorariums, etc.
- Strive for excellence and without distraction such that the community is drawn to it and the audience is engaged with confidence.
- Incorporate creativity and freedom – music, lights, sound, multi-media, special guests, stand-up, sit-down, clap, etc.
- Prepare a checklist to assist you with completing daily and weekly tasks.
- Build music teams to serve at youth and children’s ministry events.
- Develop a screening process for all participants.
- Have a working knowledge of Plan to Protect and pass a police check.
- Prepare worship budget for the annual meeting.
- Prepare an annual report for worship for the annual congregation meeting.
- Plan special outreach services. (e.g., Christmas, Easter).
- Help the children’s ministry team leader with VBS as needed.
- Build, train, mentor and motivate a team for auditorium services.
- Foster spiritual development for worship ministry participants (e.g., a small group component).
- Stay current with Music and Arts ministry by reading, researching via the internet and by attending seminars and conferences when offered.
- Attend all monthly Leadership Team meetings and weekly staff meetings.
- Serve under the leadership of the Senior Pastor.
- Time Commitment – 35 hours per week, benefits and clergy tax status available.
- Pay based on experience.