Children’s Ministry Associate
Job Title: Children’s Ministry Associate
Supervisor: Children’s Minister
Level: Level 3 – Associate (Full-Time Position)
The Children’s Ministry Associate will assist the Children’s Minister as they fulfill the mission of Second Baptist Church, which is “we exist to glorify God, by making disciples through the Bible and relationships.”
- We expect you to maintain a close/Biblical relationship with God.
- We expect you to maintain a close/Biblical relationship with your family.
- We expect you to be a Biblical tither to 2nd Baptist Church.
- We expect you to maintain appropriate relationships with members of 2nd Baptist Church.
- We expect you to help the Children’s Ministry Glorify God by making disciples through the Bible and Relationships.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTER TRAITS:
- The Children’s Ministry Associate should love Jesus with all their heart, should maintain healthy relationships within the Children’s Ministry and have a love for reaching those outside our faith.
- The Children’s Ministry Associate should be a creative, organized leader with strong computer and teaching skills.
- The Children’s Ministry Associate should love children, and be able to recruit and develop volunteer teams.
- The Children’s Ministry Associate should have a background and experience working with children.
- The Children’s Ministry Associate is preferred to have a degree in Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education, but not required.
- Teaches weekly Small Group
- Writes and mails visitor postcards
- Contacts visitors, prospects and regular families
- Enters our connections with Fellowship One
- Tracks visitors, regular attendees and attendance patterns
- Schedules/work orders for weekly activities
- Prepares Small Group lesson materials
- Purchases supplies
- Fills and distributes bins
- Back-up with AWANA needs
- Checks Resource Room quality and quantity of supplies
- Evaluates possible additional needs
- Maintains Resource Room
- Makes Resource Room purchases
Kids Kamp: Yearly
- Works with Kid Kamp Team to create camp theme/logo
- Designs/orders T-shirts
- Organizes games, Water Olympics, and camp fire activities
- Creates Schedule
- Supply, shop and pack for Kids Kamp (intern assists)
- Preps for Parent/Camper meeting and Counselor meetings
- Teaches Bible Study sessions
Shepherd Meeting: Bi-Annual
- Leads Meeting
- Prepares Room set-up/work orders
- Media (as needed)
- Coordinates Training, Expectations, Goals
- Shepherd appreciation gifts
- Kids Feeding Kids monthly set up
- Packing for backpacks
- Prepares and assists with monthly Angel Bears
- Writes Small Group lessons
- Attends monthly meetings
- Edits Small Group Lessons
- Assists in Assigning Shepherding Groups (beginning of year, additions, deletions)
- Recruits Shepherds
- Assists in Assigning Shepherds
- Assigns classrooms and bins
- Assists with assigning children
- Classroom organization and preparation (cleaning, painting, supplying)
- Helps plan/create events
- Schedules events
- Attends events/runner
- Media (as needed)