Eastern Heights Baptist Church in Statesboro, Georgia draws from a county population of 72,000. Only 50 miles from the coast and Savannah, Bulloch County is a thriving and growing mid-sized town situated in the low-country. The church’s population of 500
draws from Statesboro, as well as all across the county. Home to Georgia Southern University, the city of Statesboro is the beneficiary of the growth and opportunities produced by a variety of educational systems. The city is also a bedside community to Georgia
Ports, Gulf Stream and several colleges in Savannah.
Our Southern Baptist, multi-generational congregation is served by a head pastor, youth minister, worship leader and seniors pastor. We offer two services, a traditional and a contemporary to minister to a varied population. Current programs include AWANA,
youth group, Sunday School, small groups, as well as men’s and women’s ministries. While our church members are highly committed to serving, the growth of our children’s population is presenting us with a great need for a children’s and families director.
1. Reveals, by life, a true conversion experience;
2. Love for children and families;
3. Strong organizational and leadership skills;
4. Ability to recruit, train and lead volunteer teams;
5. Experienced in the development of programs targeting the enhancement of children;
6. Interacts well with the families of the children participating in the Children's Ministry;
7. Has education and/or commensurate experience for the various duties of the position;
8. Has a reputation of keeping confidences.
The Childrens Ministry Director shall be responsible to:
1. Create, develop and implement programs and ministry for children ages birth-5th grade;
2. Develop an appropriate curriculum(s) as needed to enhance the development of program participants and their families;
3. Assist EHBC to create and environment that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth;
4. Recruit, train and coordinate volunteers participating in Children's Ministry programs;
5. Develop and maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilatin new children and families;
6.Coordinate children's special events icluding but not limited to VBS, Fall Festival, baby dedications, etc.
7. It is understood that all staff will assist, as a team, in fulfilling the ministries of the church.