Fellowship Bible Church (FBC) is seeking a Lead Pastor of Adult Ministries to lead this vital ministry area which includes adult small groups, discipleship and assimilation. This is a full-time position with benefits - compensation based
on both experience and education. Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
GATHER – This position is responsible for shepherding people to connect with others beyond the weekend service and
GROW - build community that will help members and attenders take the next step in their discipleship journey to
GO – each one into his world to make disciples that make disciples.
The Lead Pastor of Adult Ministries will shepherd through casting vision, coaching and administration, working collaboratively with the Strategic Leadership Team in a manner consistent with the purpose, vision, core values and major objectives as expressed
in the Strategic Ministry Plan.
CORE VALUES and FOCUS:
- Commit to pursue full devotion to Jesus Christ by passionately loving Jesus, fully committed obedience to Scripture, self-sacrificing investment in others, humility, integrity and initiative.
- Contribute to FBC’s overall mission to Glorify God as we Go and Make Disciples that Multiply, in accordance with the Our Statement of Beliefs (see Fbctulsa.org).
- Help people grow in community at FBC by continually envisioning and executing strategy for connecting members and attendees into groups.
RESPONSIBILITIES include (but are not limited to):
- Initiate, plan, develop, oversee and evaluate all components of Small Groups, Discipleship and Assimilation.
- Execute all objectives with the goal of building momentum towards Small Groups as the integral community for FBC members and attenders.
- Develop Small Groups as the primary conduit through which FBC members experience church-wide initiatives and serving opportunities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (seminary preferred) and 6 to 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience managing social media and technology based communications.
Fellowship Bible Church has been growing for over 35 years, and is a Christ-centered, biblically-based congregation in the beautiful “green country” of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Our local leadership is a board of Elders, of which our Lead Pastor is also a member.
We are located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, which is consistently ranked among the best places to live, work and raise a family. A city that is big enough, but not too big. Our membership is comprised of over 800 members. The church has utilized insights drawn from
Dallas Theological Seminary.