POSITION TITLE: Technical Arts Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Worship Ministries
This person is responsible for coordinating technical services and creative design for St. Mark’s worship and communications. This includes creation of videos and images for worship services and the church’s website; sound and light system design in the
two worship centers; and assisting with creative touches for worship including set design, dramas, and other presentations. The Technical Arts Coordinator is also responsible for recruiting, training and leading the volunteers who meet the technology needs
of St. Mark’s many ministries. This person is directly accountable to the Director of Worship Ministries.
Essential Duties /Responsibilities
Participate as part of a team to provide creative design ideas and technology for worship services, confirmation instruction, the website, and requested projects for other ministries:
- Video – Production of videos from concept to presentation
- Lighting – Responsible for design, selection, programming, and maintenance of the lighting systems, and training and supervision of volunteer technicians
- ProPresenter & Planning Center – Oversee setup of three different worship services each week using the software to communicate with pastors, musicians and volunteers
- Audio – Coordinate with other technical staff in design and maintenance of digital and analog sound systems, and training and supervision of volunteer technicians as needed
- Production - Be present and support volunteer technical teams at Sunday worship services and other times as assigned
- Have a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ and an ongoing desire and commitment to grow more Christ-like in character.
- Possess strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and have a passion for investing in volunteers
- Maintain a servant’s heart regarding this position at St. Mark’s. Exhibit poise under pressure and a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Regular attendance at St, Mark’s and participation in activities and groups
- Bachelor’s degree or other formal technical training in related subject preferred
- 3-5 years experience preferred
- Video editing skills
- Experience with church’s specific software and hardware including
both Mac and PC servers, networks and applications
- Ability to recruit, organize, and train volunteers, technicians and project leaders
- Ability to work with a team and independently in a professional manner
- Ability to perform typical maintenance on audio cables, speakers, lighting, computers, networks, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and use ladders and lifts to maintain and install lighting, audio, computer equipment and cable
Please submit a letter of application and resume to Jane Lindell at firstname.lastname@example.org